AA7E7 From United States of America, joined Jul 2004, 101 posts, RR: 0 Posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 4 days 12 hours ago) and read 3776 times:
Hello all. I will be on BA 288 on 12/26 and BA 289 on 01/02. Not only my first trip to the UK but also on a 747. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how will the flights be (meals, IFE, and so on).
DavidT From Switzerland, joined Oct 2005, 477 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 4 days 3 hours ago) and read 3684 times:
If you're in economy
- 3-4-3 blue seats. Reasonable legroom.
- meal will be good - main course, dessert, salad (I think)
- Overnight flights get a cold breakfast also (usually good)
- there are 18 channels of TV, I think you get 12 of those in Y? (may be 8).
In the High Life I have here it lists 10 movies, comedy channel, drama channel, sport, discovery channel, UK drama, scifi, family movie, Cartoon Network. (The latters are only available in the upper classes) There's also some audio channels. WTP / CW / F has games you can play also - some snes style classics (solitaire, tetris, gold digger etc.).
If you're flying Club World
- Meals v. good. Served on proper plates etc. Starter (with warm bread rolls, usually smoked salmon or similar). Salad. Main course (there's usually a steak, a fish and something else). Dessert / cheese and biscuits. Remember to ask for both cheese and dessert, it's presented as you get either
- Snacks available throughout the flight - there's a basket with chocolate and (used to be, don't know if it's there now) sandwiched.
Jacobin777 From United States of America, joined Sep 2004, 14968 posts, RR: 59
Reply 3, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 4 days 1 hour ago) and read 3649 times:
The flights from SFO aren't bad.........if you get lucky, you might depart off from 1R...that's fun!!!
As DavidT stated, economy isn't bad..but Economy Pluse (World Traveler Plus) is much nicer (flown on it a few times)......Club World....I couldn't tell you as I haven't flown long haul Business Class on BA in a long time.....
.I was there over the summer...it was fun..
I've been there during New Years also.....a bit cold, especially compared to Northern California weather...