YYZYYT From Canada, joined Apr 2005, 1049 posts, RR: 0 Posted (9 years 5 months 1 week 4 days 4 hours ago) and read 4669 times:
My search has found no posts which appear to answer this specific question, so here goes:
I am looking to fly YYZ-MIA, and have found both AA and AC flights that are quite reasonable. One big factors may be ease / difficulty clearing US Customs, so here is my question:
How do the wait times compare in T2 (AC) and T3 (AA)? It also appears that charters leave from the higher number gates at the south-east end of the terminal, while US carriers leave from the north-west end. Is this true for US bound charter flights as well? And if so, is there a separate customs area (this will surely affect wait times)?
The flight south will likely be between 10 a.m. and noon on a Monday morning in late February.
EHHO From Netherlands, joined Dec 2005, 815 posts, RR: 7
Reply 1, posted (9 years 5 months 1 week 4 days 4 hours ago) and read 4663 times:
Last time I went through US customs at YYZ was in October 2004, in T2: there's a queue there, no longer or shorter than EWR or ORD T5. If you're lucky, it's 2 minutes, if not, it could be a half hour's wait. The terminal's very old and dilapidated, but you probably knew that already. Hope this helps...
"Get your facts first. Then you may distort them as much as you please" -- Mark Twain
TonyBurr From United States of America, joined Mar 2001, 1061 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (9 years 5 months 1 week 3 days 20 hours ago) and read 4529 times:
I have stopped flying AC becuase I have found the lines in their terminal are much longer then in the one for US or AA. This includes the Canadian immigration line upon entering Canada (I have been out the door to the tarmac where the bus drops you off) and also the US Immigration line leaving Canada.
Cessnapimp From Canada, joined Oct 2001, 1320 posts, RR: 18
Reply 4, posted (9 years 5 months 1 week 3 days 18 hours ago) and read 4447 times:
Man... that's weird... I am about to go to bed as tomorrow I am off to MIA from YYZ T2...
...from my experience, the lineups are not that bad, high lineups Monday mornings, lows Thursdays but it does fluctuate. I would say that the half hour wait is more an exception, but it's hard for me to say as I am crew and use a different lineup.
Quoting EHHO (Reply 1): The terminal's very old and dilapidated,
...hey...hey HEY! Careful. T2 was designed to be a cargo facility. We (OK...I) prefer to call it a "Well bored-in classic". 11 more months to go. Think of this: you will be a able to tell your (infinitely bored) grandchildren how YOU WERE THERE, shortly before the end. Wow.
Things to do in T2:
- Count the earthtones
- Find where you can get a haircut (yes, you can!)
- Play at the arcade, where the newest machine is powered by 16 bit processors! 25cents!
- Right after security, on the right, get any sandwiches, they're the best!
- If you smoke, there's only one place where you can go after security, find it, and try to have a smoke without being forced to buy something (they're usually pretty good about it)
- If you go to DCA, bring jogging shoes and a bottle of water. Thank me later!
- Point at the westmost counters and impress you friends by informing them that "they're green and blue 'cause Westjet used to be there... and before that the old Rapidair counters!"
- Do it all again, backwards