Air_Chick_757 From Brazil, joined May 1999, 187 posts, RR: 0 Posted (15 years 2 months 3 weeks 2 days ago) and read 1424 times:
Did you guys have experienced a boring flight?
I have to say myself that a flight is not boring, I don´t get bored on the aircraft because I entertain myself looking outside the window, looking at the clouds, looking at the city. I like specially night flights, like Mish1234 said. I love to look at the stars!
Here´s what I do during a flight:
* I listen music ALL THE TIME, and if the music channels are not good, I grab some tapes (I always carry tapes along my luggage, also batteries, because I use them way too much).
* Most of my trips, I make them along with my parents, because I am 17, but the first time I was in a aircraft alone, I LOVED IT! But the guy next to me was completely boring, he just said a few words during the flight. So, I kept my mouth shut all the flight. I just opened my mouth to another cool guy of the same flight, we almost got the wrong bus inside GRU passenger´s terminal. We almost were flying to Italy by mistake :) Long story
* I try to get a window-seat, because I love to look outside the aircraft. Also in short flights I stay awake all the time, and pay attention to what happens with the plane. When a turbulence starts, I will NOT relax until it stops. Like in car trips. On a long flight I also try to stay awake all the time, and I sleep a few hours, not much, like 2 or 3
BTW, I hate to sit on the middle seats of the 747s, they´re too far from the window...
* Since I am too shy to ask the flight attendants to make a visit to the cockpit, I keep myself in my seat... But if I have a friend along, or my younger sister, I´ll go.
* I don´t read much during flights, on the first 20 minutes of the flight I read the board magazine, then I play with the overhead stuff, specially the fan...
I never tried to draw during the flight, but I´ll try that one too.
Now a 727 Cargo from Varig just passed by... what a cute aircraft...
VIflyer From US Virgin Islands, joined May 1999, 500 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (15 years 2 months 3 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 1424 times:
Oh there is such a thing as a borinf flight. Check this out, One time I was flying from Atlanta, GA to JFK on AA when they still were using RDU in North Carolina as a hub. Anyway my flight was connected through RDU, the flight there was uneventful,we arrived,boarded the flight bound for JFK (a 727), and started to taxi out to the runway. All of a sudden the plane I was on pulled off of the main taxiway and onto a holding ramp. Then we were accompanied by two other AA jets (another 727 and a 757). After sitting there for about 5 minitues the captain came over the PA and announce that we were being held because of a major storm system over the Tri-State area, thus the two other planes waiting with us were bound to EWR and LGA. He said and I quote "Folks we should be moving in about 20 minitues.." 45 minitues passed.....nothing happened.....the captain came on again " Sorry folk were just going to have to wait about another 25 minitues....". Now if you have never flown on a 727, there's one problem i think is in it's design, the AC doesn't work well if the plane is just sitting on the tarmac. So now for about one and a half hours we've been sweating in an aluminium aircraft, under the hot southern sun. We actually spent more time sitting there than flying. It was a hot, annoying, and extremly boring flight.
MD-11 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (15 years 2 months 3 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 1424 times:
I agree for the most part, it is pretty hard for a flight to be boring to me if I have a window seat. But it's not impossible though. Last week I was on an 11 hour flight from HEL to SFO and it was totally cloudy all the way from north of Norway to around northern California plus due to technical difficulties they couldn't show the movies so it can get a bit boring. But if there is no scenery to view, one may still see other planes in the air which is something interesting; a 747-400 went probably 2000 feet over us above northern Finland.
Cedarjet From United Kingdom, joined May 1999, 8093 posts, RR: 54
Reply 3, posted (15 years 2 months 3 weeks 1 day 22 hours ago) and read 1427 times:
I like the monotony, it's like meditation. That;s why I will go to any length ("Me no speak English"; faking a communicable disease) to avoid conversation. There was a flight that bored me, for some reason, it was a Cathay 747-200 from Hong Kong to London via Bahrein. Slept all the way to Bahrein in a middle seat but had a window from BAH - LGW. Left BAH at dawn and flew with the rising sun. Great at first but as the flight wore on we hit stronger and stronger headwinds and after about five or six hours of crossing eastern European countries I just wanted to get down. Romania. Yugoslavia. Hungary. Austria. Poland. Germany. Germany again cos it's just that big. Belgium. Cos landings are the best bit and ours never seemed to be getting any closer.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz