Sponsor Message:
Civil Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Chances Of Airlines Ordering The 787 Vs. The A350  
User currently online1337Delta764 From United States of America, joined Oct 2005, 6386 posts, RR: 2
Posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 19 hours ago) and read 4560 times:

What do you think are the chances of certain airlines ordering the 787 vs. the A350? I don't mean to make a poll, but as a discussion.

Here are my opinions on a few:
I have looked at the lists at Wikipedia, and have made some approximations on who will order which aircraft. I do understand that some users will disagree, especially for United.

Delta, American - 95% chance of 787, 5% chance of A350
Avianca, Aeromexico - 85% chance of 787, 15% chance of A350
United, Alitalia, British Airways - 60% chance of 787, 40% chance of A350
Lufthansa - 55% chance of 787, 45% chance of A350
Emirates, Aeroflot, EL AL - 50% chance of 787, 50% chance of A350
Air France - 40% chance of 787, 60% chance of A350
Gulf Air - 30% chance of 787, 70% chance of A350

What are your opinions?


The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky
10 replies: All unread, jump to last
 
User currently offlineN328KF From United States of America, joined May 2004, 6482 posts, RR: 3
Reply 1, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4470 times:

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
Delta, American - 95% chance of 787, 5% chance of A350

Delta is in Chapter 11, and that can result in rapidly different corporate directions as a result. With AA, I think it is a 0% chance for the A350.



When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' T.Roosevelt
User currently offlineAlitalia744 From United States of America, joined Mar 2000, 4731 posts, RR: 45
Reply 2, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4463 times:

Quoting N328KF (Reply 1):
Delta is in Chapter 11, and that can result in rapidly different corporate directions as a result. With AA, I think it is a 0% chance for the A350.

Delta Air Lines is committed to Boeing for everything above 120 seats. So I'd say it is a 95-100% chance they'll order Boeing.

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
Avianca, Aeromexico - 85% chance of 787, 15% chance of A350

AM is probably 100% hell bent on the 787.

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
United, Alitalia, British Airways - 60% chance of 787, 40% chance of A350

UAL and BA I'll agree with, but will say AZ will be ordering the 787 in the near future.



Some see lines, others see between the lines.
User currently online1337Delta764 From United States of America, joined Oct 2005, 6386 posts, RR: 2
Reply 3, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4449 times:

Quoting N328KF (Reply 1):
Delta is in Chapter 11, and that can result in rapidly different corporate directions as a result.

Delta's goal is a simplified fleet, and if Airbus were ordered, this would break the goal. Before the Boeing/MD merger, Delta applied for an exclusivity deal with Boeing, along with American and Contintenal. After the merger, it was voided due to EU requirements. Even after the merger, Delta still hasn't ordered Airbuses.

Delta has also operated Airbuses before, ex-PanAm A310s. They did not fit in to the fleet very well and were retired shortly.



The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky
User currently offlineAA1818 From Trinidad and Tobago, joined Feb 2006, 3414 posts, RR: 4
Reply 4, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4411 times:

Hey I think those are pretty solid predictions....did u give the A350 the 5% for AA and DL out of pity or do u think they could actually order the A350. I have nothing against Airbus or the A350, but I just can't see AA or DL ordering an Airbus widebody especially not for what needs replacing in their fleets. Same goes for AM but for them perhaps 90% Boeing, 10% Airbus since a new investor/ owner could change things. Other than those I'd say you'r spot on.

As for ElAl, 6 months ago they would be up there with DL and AA but since tlk of the A330 came up i think your prediction reflects the general sentiment of uncertainty!!

Cheers
AA1818



God is a Trini...
User currently offlineSNATH From United States of America, joined Mar 2004, 3238 posts, RR: 23
Reply 5, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4393 times:

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
United, Alitalia, British Airways - 60% chance of 787, 40% chance of A350

Given Tilton's recent comments:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...eneral_aviation/read.main/2727648/

I'll give UA a higher than 60% chance in ordering the B787.

Tony



Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.
User currently offlineRJ111 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4356 times:

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
Lufthansa - 55% chance of 787, 45% chance of A350

I could actually see LH ending up with both, in the long run.


User currently offlineColumba From Germany, joined Dec 2004, 7026 posts, RR: 4
Reply 7, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4327 times:

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Reply 3):
Delta has also operated Airbuses before, ex-PanAm A310s.

They even ordered additional ones.

Quoting RJ111 (Reply 6):
I could actually see LH ending up with both, in the long run.

Me, too - I could also see one type operated by DE the other with LH.
At the moment I see high chances for the 787 though, especially with the -10 being offered now.



It will forever be a McDonnell Douglas MD 80 , Boeing MD 80 sounds so wrong
User currently offlineCruiser From Canada, joined Apr 2005, 1000 posts, RR: 7
Reply 8, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 16 hours ago) and read 4226 times:

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
Emirates, Aeroflot, EL AL - 50% chance of 787, 50% chance of A350

EK would probably be classed as 70% 787 with all the rumblings as of late.

James



Leahy on Per Seat Costs: "Have you seen the B-2 fly-by at almost US$1bn a copy? It has only 2 seats!"
User currently offlinePlanetime From Singapore, joined Mar 2006, 719 posts, RR: 0
Reply 9, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 16 hours ago) and read 4221 times:

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
Emirates, Aeroflot, EL AL - 50% chance of 787, 50% chance of A350

I would say EK has more chances of being with 787 than 350 specially after 787-10 was launched.


User currently offlineYellowtail From United States of America, joined Jun 2005, 5882 posts, RR: 2
Reply 10, posted (7 years 12 months 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 4132 times:

Could TA be in the running for some A350 or some 78s......seeing as to their airbus stance as of late I would say it is more 350ish...but can they afford to wait that long.

I know one of their senior management really well and they keep telling me that TA is seriously looking at MAD/CDG/FRA and even TPE because They are being squeezed by SA)">CO/AA/CM/DL/AM and they got no way to currently grow in the existing SA)">NA/SA market...so they must look further away. Problem with this is that IB has beaten them to MAD already in most of Central America and a CM launch looks immenient too.



When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
Economics Of The 787-8 Vs 767-300ER posted Wed Jun 14 2006 02:49:25 by Baron95
Foreign Control Of Airlines In The U.S.A posted Mon Mar 6 2006 03:53:47 by Centrair
Which Airlines Ordering The Sikorsky S-92? posted Fri Feb 7 2003 13:55:14 by JetMark
Any More Airlines Ordering The 767-400ER? posted Tue Jun 27 2000 18:59:06 by Samurai 777
The Chances Of Canadian Airlines Flying To Beg? posted Sat Sep 8 2001 21:04:05 by JAT
First 10 Airlines To Receive The 787? posted Tue Nov 14 2006 19:56:02 by FCAFLYBOY
Virtual Construction Of The 787 posted Tue Nov 7 2006 20:15:06 by NYC777
Chances Of Getting The "new DL" Product On August? posted Wed Jun 21 2006 18:40:42 by Gokmengs
Economics Of The 767-300ER Compared To The 787-8? posted Tue May 30 2006 15:35:07 by OyKIE
Aeroflot Has Chosen The A350 Over The 787? posted Sat May 6 2006 09:41:44 by FCKC