JayinKitsap From United States of America, joined Nov 2005, 769 posts, RR: 1 Posted (7 years 9 months 2 weeks 10 hours ago) and read 2851 times:
It's been "All Quiet On The Western Front" regarding the 380 Certification and start of production. I just did a search on Google and Flight for 380 information but there was very little. Does anyone know:
1) How many 380's are flying currently.
2) Has flight testing started on the EA equipped planes.
3) I heard at least one plane has the interiors installed and testing with pax has begun, how many have their interiors.
4) What is the current target date for certification and first delivery?
5) When will production begin and what is the initial production rate?
I would love to see this plane in service soon. Too bad SEA isn't planning to upgrade for the A380.
Interesting presentation, but a bit lacking in detail.
It would have been nice to have had a discussion of the flight test results, more detail on the tests completed (percentage of total, performance results, etc) and a schedule for the final events to go (end of Certification flying, anticipated EASA/FAA Cert. date, delivery date etc)
Guess we'll need to see how the events unfold between now and 4th Q '06.
Airplane design is easy, the difficulty is getting them to fly - Barnes Wallis