Jog From Netherlands, joined Jul 2005, 273 posts, RR: 7 Posted (8 years 7 months 1 week 6 hours ago) and read 3693 times:
In another interview Marco Antonio Bologna, TAM's president, gives some more information about TAM's current state and its future plans (http://oglobo.globo.com/jornal/economia/285055089.asp, sorry Portuguese only). Some statements (better Portuguese speakers might add more):
- TAM is now the biggest carrier from Brazil, not only in Brazil
- TAM expects that the market grows 18% in 2006 and also 2007 the growth will have two digits
- TAM plans to expand in GIG
- TAM plans that the third daily flight to CDG origins in GIG
- TAM recognized that the comfort of its passengers at airports has decreased during the last months due to its growth. TAM wants to expand its facilities to fulfil the standards of the magic red carpet again, but has to wait until some of RG's facilities become available. They hope that the situation improves in the next 3-6 months and will be better in Brazilian spring already.
I think this interview is a nice addition to the one on flightglobal.com where I posted the main facts here
LipeGIG From Brazil, joined May 2005, 11465 posts, RR: 58
Reply 3, posted (8 years 7 months 1 week 5 hours ago) and read 3652 times:
AIRLINERS.NET CREW FORUM MODERATOR
Quoting C010T3 (Reply 2): He didn't say it would be a nonstop flight. If it were nonstop, he would have said so, but no, he preferred to delude the passengers...
I believe it will be (if they really fly), but one or two days of the week with a stop at REC or SSA
Due to Consumers Request on PROCON (Consumers Protection Dept), TAM was obligated to change their "GIG-MIA" , "GIG-JFK" and "GIG-CDG" marketing on flights to GIG-GRU-MIA, GIG-GRU-JFK and GIG-GRU-CDG, and explain clearly that it needs to change planes at Sao Paulo.
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !