Goldorak From France, joined Sep 2006, 1954 posts, RR: 3 Posted (9 years 2 months 2 weeks 2 days 1 hour ago) and read 5053 times:
Hi everybody !
In april, I booked a trip CDG to LFT via ATL for end october for a friend's wedding. I wanted to use AF miles in first class but was not able to have a reward ticket on the DL-operated ATL-LFT legs. So I finally took a 1st class reward ticket AF CDG-ATL and I purchased the DL ATL-LFT. So the 2 trips are on different independent files. Since I booked these trips, I check regularly my reservations status on AF web sites and noticed 5 schedule changes + 1 aircraft change :
- CDG-ATL on AF304 B772 oct 27: no change
- ATL-LFT on DL4585 oct 27: dept time change from 8:48 pm to 9:02 pm (no big deal !)
- LFT-ATL oct 29 : 3 changes in time & flight number : from 5:00pm (DL4768), to 5:35 pm (DL4377), then 5:25pm (DL4598)
- ATL-CDG oct 29 AF307 : time has changed from 9:35pm to 9:05 pm and aircraft has changed from B772 to A343 (for the winter season).
My questions are the followings :
- why so much changes, especially for DL ? Is it really common in a so short time-window ? Do you think I can expect anymore change ?I'm feeling concerned because my connection times for the return trip has been decreased by 1hr. I have only 55 min remaining. I know I can make it but could be preety tough if the LFT-ATL is slightly delayed (why not, due to one closed runway in ATL at the moment)
-Will I get NEV seats on the B772 AF304 ?
- AF307 : I booked first class but as B772 has been replaced by A343, AFAIK there's no more first on these planes (can anybody confirm ?). I suppose they have rebooked me in J (AF didn't called me yet to inform me). And what will they do with my miles : I suppose they will "reimburse" me on my F.Blue account the difference in miles between P and J ?
Thanks for your help & info
Dutchjet From Netherlands, joined Oct 2000, 7864 posts, RR: 56
Reply 2, posted (9 years 2 months 2 weeks 1 day 22 hours ago) and read 4885 times:
Firstly, booking connecting travel on two seperate records, for whatever reason, can leave you unprotected. Schedules do change and adjust in the months leading up to the travel date....your ATL-LFT-ATL flights have jumped around a bit more than normal, but its nothing exceptional.
The biggest problem, as I see it, is the change in your departure time on the Air France flight out of ATL......you just lost 30 minutes of valuable connection time. Your 55 minutes in ATL is tight (is it legal?) and being that you are on two seperate tickets, can you check in for the AF flight with DL in LFT? (Is online check in an option?) Your bags will not make it even if you do....be prepared. My suggestion is to give DL a call, be honest, and maybe you will get a cooperative agent (some are very good) who will change your LFT-ATL flight to an earlier departure at no cost because of the schedule changes (be kind, be nice, and dont demand)......even if DL imposes a small fee, it could be money well spent.
The other issue is your AF return flight......you have ""paid"" for F, but will be sitting in J.......thats not very cool.
I think that your problems lie more with AF than DL.
Goldorak From France, joined Sep 2006, 1954 posts, RR: 3
Reply 3, posted (9 years 2 months 2 weeks 1 day 22 hours ago) and read 4820 times:
Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 2): Firstly, booking connecting travel on two seperate records, for whatever reason, can leave you unprotected
I know but unfortunately, it was not possible to book the 2 trips on the same dossier
Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 2): can you check in for the AF flight with DL in LFT
I hope and I don't see why I couldn't as they are both skyteam. Does anybody working for DL could confirm this, please ?
Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 2): My suggestion is to give DL a call, be honest, and maybe you will get a cooperative agent (some are very good) who will change your LFT-ATL flight to an earlier departure at no cost because of the schedule changes
in fact, it's not really possible as DL has only 3 flights a day on this route and the previous one is really much earlier. As I said, I'm just flying there for the week end for a very good American friend's wedding, so I can't really leave earlier. The only possibility would be to leave the day after, but I have in this case to change also my AF flight and this becomes very complicated and uncertain.
Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 2): The other issue is your AF return flight......you have ""paid"" for F, but will be sitting in J.......thats not very cool
I'm afraid I have no choice. But I know AF will call me to tell me about this (they always do) and I will discuss with them at this time
Overall, thanks DutchJet for your advices and being helpful
RwSEA From Netherlands, joined Jan 2005, 3222 posts, RR: 2
Reply 4, posted (9 years 2 months 2 weeks 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 4662 times:
DL's schedules have been jumping around a ton lately. Our trip to Aruba this November went from convenient connections to two overnights in ATL, but now the redeye is back so we're down to only one overnight in ATL (keeping fingers crossed for the return, there's only a 30 minute connection right now so it isn't legal). Things will probably change again.
As Dutchjet said, call Delta and be polite. These kinds of things can sometimes work to your benefit, or maybe at the least you can cancel your itinerary with Delta and book a new ticket without any sort of fees.