Englandair From United Kingdom, joined Oct 2000, 2228 posts, RR: 3
Reply 2, posted (13 years 11 months 3 weeks 3 days 6 hours ago) and read 1322 times:
1) Air UK (before it was murdered by KLM)
Southampton- Jersey (C. Islands).
I think that the plane was a Fokker Friendship.
T/O and landing very smooth.
Good cabin crew.
2) Virgin Sun LGW-Faro, Portugal.
A320. Comfy seats for a charter. Nice inflight meal
(baguette). Good cabin crew. Punctual.
3) Virgin Atlantic (best airline in the world, ever!)
LGW-Orlando Int. B747.
Done 3 return on this route with VS, twice a B742,
once a B744.
Excellent cabin crew, superb entertainment always
on time. Best economy class food and overall
service in the air. Well done VS and Sir Richard!
AussieErj145 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 4, posted (13 years 11 months 3 weeks 2 days 9 hours ago) and read 1292 times:
An Aussie perspective.
Short haul was American Eagle Erj145 Chicago to Milwaukee. Impressed me so much I seek Erj services all the time now.
Trans Con Here in Australia Ansett A320 Sydney to Adelaide. First trip in an A320.Ansett has always been my preferred airline here but I really enjoyed this trip above all others. Remember it well.
Long Haul. Singapore to Kuwait City on Kuwait Airways A340. I'm not really one for the arabic airlines but when you have to go this is a good un. The Kuwaitis are very pleasent people and the flight was fantastic!
Runner-up- Ansett, 737, SYD-ADL- they're so danged nice, and they took my son up to see the cockpit.
International- short haul- AeroMexico- service muy bueno.
International long-haul- AA767- wide-body, so no claustrophobia, but not so huge you feel as if you'r bringing the whole 'hood along. Maybe I just liked it because, after a week in France, I was able to order a Dr. Pepper from a FA who asked, "What'd y'all like to drink?" with a smile.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...
Ilyushin96M From United States of America, joined Sep 1999, 2609 posts, RR: 12
Reply 8, posted (13 years 11 months 3 weeks 2 days 4 hours ago) and read 1263 times:
1) Short-Haul: Boeing 757-200, Northwest Airlines, MSP-MKE - this aircraft seems a comfortable, speedy way to make this flight. NWA uses them as commuter flights, as there are many people who travel daily on this route for business purposes. The service is friendly and quick, the plane very comfortable and quiet.
2) Medium-Haul/Transcon: Boeing 767-200/300, American Airlines, JFK-SAN - I only took this flight once, but it was great. The 767 is an awesome plane to fly in and, in my opinion, very well-suited for transcon flights. And we were in business class.
Runner-up (only because of the smaller size of the aircraft, certainly not for the superb service): McDonnell Douglas MD-83, Midwest Express Airlines, MKE-LAX-MKE - this is my preferred flight to and from the West Coast on trips to see my family for Christmas, in particular. Ample room in the wide leather business-class seats, fabulous meal service, attentive cabin staff - there's no better way to travel in the US!
3) Long-Haul/Intercon: Boeing 747-400, British Airways, LHR-LAX-LHR - there is no better aircraft for 11+ hour flights than the 747-400 that I've experienced so far. BA's impeccable service, coupled with an enormous smooth-flying aircraft, was one of the best combos I've ever experienced.