SapphireLHR From United Kingdom, joined Mar 2006, 103 posts, RR: 0 Posted (8 years 3 weeks 2 days ago) and read 3413 times:
There has been a lot of topics recently with refrence to aircraft, airports, locations used etc in films including the recent James Bond, Casino Royale.
Can I reccommmend the Website called the Internet Movie Datadase at:
It provides all the information on any film. Most enjoyable are the sections Goofs and Trivia. The Locations section is also most informative and you wont beleive the locations that were used for films which are supposed to represent actual places. Just for an example in the film Spy Game starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt, the Chinese Prison at the beginning of the film is actually an old Victorian Prison in Oxford UK!! and CIA Headquarters in Langley is in fact an Office Block in Stevenage, Uk.
Have fun and any facinating goofs or trivia found within aviation films let us know.
CHRISBA777ER From UK - England, joined Mar 2001, 5964 posts, RR: 61
Reply 1, posted (8 years 3 weeks 2 days ago) and read 3402 times:
I love spotting airliners in non-aircraft films.
One that always sticks in my mind is the beautiful AA DC10 in Home Alone.
Others off the top of my head:
* United old livery 737-300 in the opening sequence of Jackie Brown.
* BA 747-200 in Landor livery at JFK in Three Men and a Baby.
* Former LTU L1011-200 Tristar in Passenger 57.
* Former JAL old livery 747-100 (with a new glass cockpit) in Turbulence 3-Heavy Metal.
* BA 747-400 in Union Flag livery in Proof of Life.
* Continental 777 or 767 at the end of Bridget Jones' Diary.
* DC8 in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
* US Air Force DC9 and AA 727 in Top Gun.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???