Airsicknessbag From Germany, joined Aug 2000, 4723 posts, RR: 31
Reply 1, posted (14 years 9 months 3 weeks 5 days 19 hours ago) and read 2684 times:
If you do a search on this site for the combination Tu154/Government or Tu154/Military Aircraft, you´ll get: Czechia, Poland, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Uzbekistan, Russia, Azerbaijan and:
The Luftwaffe received two 154 after the reunification, 11+02 which had served as VIP plane in the East German Air Force and 11+01, which had been with Interflug. They decided to keep one of them to do some control flights over Russia which the Russians wouldn´t have allowed if a Western type of aircraft would have been used. 11+02 was used for that (and for transport flights as well) because she was younger, while the older 11+01 was stored.
In 1997 (I think), 11+02 had a mid air collision with a USAF Starlifter. Afterwards, 11+01 was reactivated and is in service until today.
Christianbothe From Germany, joined Jan 2000, 124 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (14 years 9 months 3 weeks 5 days 18 hours ago) and read 2669 times:
More countries using the Tu-154 as a government aircraft are Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakstan and China (about China I'm not sure, but at least there used to be a Tu-154 that belonged to an airline but had VIP interior and was operated for the government).
The governments of Czechia, Slovakia, Ukraine and other countries have recently received new Tu-154s from the Russian government, as payment for Russia's debts.
Brissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 3, posted (14 years 9 months 3 weeks 5 days 18 hours ago) and read 2674 times:
Some of what I can come up with include:
* Azerbaijan - 2 Tu-154M operated by Azal for the Government
* Belarus - 1 TU-154M operated by Belavia in a 49 pax configuration
* Bulgaria - 1 Tu-154M operated by Aviodetachment 28 for the government
* China - 4 Tu-154M operated by China United Airlines (a division of the PLAAF)
* Czech Republic - 1 Tu-154B and 2 Tu-154M operated by the Czech Air Force
* Kazakhstan - 1 Tu-154B-2 operated by the Kazakh Air Force
* Poland - 2 Tu-154M operated by the Polish Air Force
* Russia - 5 Tu-154M operated by the Russian State Transport Company
* Russia - 223rd Flight Unit 5 Tu-154B-2 (one in C configuration)
* Russia - SakhaAvia operates 1 Tu-154M in VIP layout for the regional government of the Republic of Sakha-Yakutia
* Russia - Tatarstan Airlines operates 1 Tu-154M for the Republic of Tatarstan goverment
* Slovak Republic - 2 Tu-154M operated by the Slovak Government Flying Service
* Ukraine - Ukraine Air Enterprise will operate 1 Tu-154M operated for the government (to be delivered in 2001)
* Uzbekistan - 1 Tu-154B operated by the Government, in Uzbekistan Airways livery
* Uzbekistan - 1 Tu-154B-2 operated by Uzbekistan Airways for the government
Note: The Luftwaffe no longer operates the Tu-154.
I checked with a friend in Moscow, and he has stated that there are additional Tu-154s (mainly B-2s) which are operated in C-Class or VIP layout, but with things being the way they are in Russia, it is sometimes impossible to know who they are operated by.