AirTranTUS From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 3, posted (6 years 3 months 1 day 21 hours ago) and read 4066 times:
It would also be useful if the type of IFE provided was also listed. AVOD where you can start, pause, stop when you want or just PTV's that run through a set amount of movies/shows and you can tune in.
RootsAir From Costa Rica, joined Feb 2005, 4179 posts, RR: 45 Reply 8, posted (6 years 3 months 1 day 19 hours ago) and read 3785 times:
From a former thread
* all listed aircraft types without further notice or symbols have PTVs on board
* * = only parts of fleet equipped with PTV or installation in process
* A = PTV plus AVOD (Audio/Video-on-Demand) available
* A* = standard PTV on board; part of fleet also equipped with AVOD or its installation in process
* *A* = fleet partly with and without PTV or partly without PTV, and partly with AVOD or its installation in process
* A+ = standard PTV available and planned to receive AVOD, or future deliveries planned to include AVOD
* +A = PTV not available but fleet planned to receive AVOD
* L = PTV & LiveTV
* L* = PTV & LiveTV partly available or installation in process
* L+ = LiveTV planned with future deliveries
* A330 = all series if not specified
* A340 = all series if not specified
* B767 = all series if not specified
* B777 = all series if not specified
* Italics = future fleet addition
Before you start checking the data, please be aware the list is not absolutely complete. Quick changes in aviation are quite common and there are always pieces of information which cannot be gained easily and without doubt. Especially in terms of AVOD it is very hard sometimes to get reliable info.
So should you find mistakes or data missing, don’t hesitate to let me know. Last time many members helped me in extending and upgrading the original list. So thanks in advance for any input! Smile
And here it is: the “Ultimate PTV List” – latest edition - featuring 71 airlines:
RootsAir From Costa Rica, joined Feb 2005, 4179 posts, RR: 45 Reply 10, posted (6 years 3 months 1 day 9 hours ago) and read 3581 times:
Actually what's the use of having PTV's on regional airliners?
P.S its so sad to see IB being one of the major airlines left out. They didn't even want to put them on their A346's !
The say they have the most modern fleet and most modern interiors. Most modern with me starts with PTV's
[Edited 2007-02-24 10:44:26]
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots