Flumuc From Germany, joined Oct 1999, 392 posts, RR: 0 Posted (13 years 8 months 3 weeks 4 days 22 hours ago) and read 3250 times:
In Airways Magazine i red this about China Eastern (Trip Report LAX-PVG):
01. No Lounges
02. 18 1/2in (47cm) wide poorly upholstered seats with minimal recline, no lumbar support, barely extendable leg rest in BUSINESS CLASS
03. Violent movies in Chinese only with english subtitles
04. No IFE guide so u dont know which movie is running
05. Screens small and filthny.
06. No safety briefings
07. Flight attendents are Courteous, attentive, solicitous, When one FA noticed the passenger had not touched the meal she brought him a sandwhich
08. FA took away the menus so the passengers had no idea what they eat, 2 choices in BUSINESS CLASS, when u asked the FA what they served she answered "Meat". The unpalatable mystery meat was removed and replaced with alternativechoice: round chewy white things that she swore were scallops, they have really good garlic bread
09. During take off and landing the FAs did nothing about the heavy pilot flight bags they had left in the aisles.
Does anyone have better experiences with this airline?
Airways magazine gave them 19 points (max=40)
CV990A From United States of America, joined Sep 1999, 1421 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (13 years 8 months 3 weeks 4 days 21 hours ago) and read 3236 times:
I've flown them Business Class from Beijing to Shanghai on a MD-11 and coach from Shanghai to Guilin on a Fk100 and have to say their Business Class service was much better than coach- they had one of those moving maps on the MD-11 showing where we were and the FA's were very friendly and attentive. It was the exact opposite in coach- horrible food and FA's who couldn't give a damn about anything. I don't remember any pre-flight safety briefings either. All in all it wasn't that horrible- I would have given them a better score than Airways did though.
KLm-md-11 From Canada, joined Mar 2000, 133 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (13 years 8 months 3 weeks 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 3226 times:
MU couldn't have been that horrible..from what I know, it's a pretty good airline that's up to standard...I flew quite a lot of flights in mainland China and all of them had FA's demonstrating AND video demonstration (where applicable)...I haven't flew MU so I couldn't give a say...
Oxygen From Hong Kong, joined Sep 1999, 674 posts, RR: 1
Reply 3, posted (13 years 8 months 3 weeks 4 days 9 hours ago) and read 3194 times:
China Eastern is not very good, but is very reasonable in terms of Chinese Mainland standard. I flew MU HK-Shanghai and back once on the A300-600R. There was a safety briefing which featured a Cartoon Girl called ''Miss Swallow".
From my own experience on the service, I would rate them somewhere around United's service.