this photo is said to be caught on Sept 2000 in ZRH; i thought SR got rid of them in the early 2000. was it a delay or sumfin? nonetheless, if it is still in the fleet now, when will it be phased out? when was the last flight?
if believe that 2 a/c can depart the same time if there is a distance between two runways... but is it oftenly done? normally one takes off at a time....what i see in Bkk, one is for takeoff and one is for landing. seems that the QF767 is lighter..so high above the heavy jumbo
VirginFlyer From New Zealand, joined Sep 2000, 4579 posts, RR: 39
Reply 1, posted (14 years 5 months 2 days 4 hours ago) and read 1101 times:
1. Looks real enough to me. The image has uniform quality, and the hot exhuast is obscuring the moon as one would expect.
2. Just a guess, but I don't think that tower is as close as it looks.
3. Couldn't tell you, sorry...
4. Again, can't say, although notice that aircraft is not wearing any livery...
5. This is a bit of an optical illusion, until you see the nosegear lights. It is not actually taking off away from the camera, but landing towards it.
6. AFAIK, and looking at all the photos of it in the database, Sydney has two runways which can be active at the same time, and both with an aircraft departing at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong on this one, I am not 100% sure.
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh
Dazed767 From United States of America, joined May 1999, 5510 posts, RR: 51
Reply 5, posted (14 years 5 months 1 day 14 hours ago) and read 1037 times:
Well, this needs to be discussed in the Photography forum in my opinion. All of Mark Garfinkel's photos are real, he's got some nifty equipment there. The tower is really far in the distance, but he probably used a 500mm lens.
Tappan From United States of America, joined Oct 1999, 1541 posts, RR: 40
Reply 7, posted (14 years 5 months 1 day 11 hours ago) and read 1021 times:
Wrong forum but..... speaking about #1 and #2 ...They are my photos..all my stuff is real....I have a long telescopic lens....
P.S ...That is not a tower but the Federal Reserve Bldg in Boston..
Southflite From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 9, posted (14 years 5 months 16 hours ago) and read 1000 times:
What's your problem? Why are you still asking for answers to your questions 3 & 4?
I already answered your question 4 (info. supplied by the photographer himself - someone else had the same question some months back so I emailed PixAir and asked him to verify the date of the photo).
As for question 3: if you'd bothered to follow the link in the Ebay thread you'd have seen that the rego of the TriStar for sale was N31023 ... as the photographer of the photo you've listed hasn't supplied the rego, and it's indistinguishable on the photo, how is anybody supposed to answer this question conclusively? That could be ANY TWA TriStar in that photo.
Get a life, jerk, and stop wasting people's time on this forum!