Sponsor Message:
Civil Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
FI: Aeroflot Has Big Airbus Order  
User currently offlineSingapore_Air From United Kingdom, joined Nov 2000, 13742 posts, RR: 19
Posted (13 years 8 months 15 hours ago) and read 2921 times:

SU signed a LOI with AI to get 30 planes. Not confirmed what type but mainly A320s. ALso been discussing A319s and A318s likely to be included to replace TU-134 and 154s. Already has A310s.


Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.
28 replies: All unread, showing first 25:
 
User currently offlineJAT From Canada, joined Feb 2000, 1101 posts, RR: 10
Reply 1, posted (13 years 8 months 15 hours ago) and read 2827 times:

Does Aeroflot have any Tupolev 204's on order? If it does how come it hasn't recieved any yet? Other airlines which have ordered them, such as Kras Air already got some of theirs.

User currently offlineJanis From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (13 years 8 months 15 hours ago) and read 2808 times:

I've heard, Aeroflot's future plans is to base it's fleet on Airbus. However, it's interesting from the point of wiev of Aeroflot as russian NATIONAL airline. From the politic reasons it should prefer russian made aircraft.

Regards,
Janis


User currently offlineGerardo From Spain, joined May 2000, 3481 posts, RR: 31
Reply 3, posted (13 years 8 months 15 hours ago) and read 2802 times:

If they want to compete with western airlines, they have to use similar weapons. A TU-134 or TU-154 can't compete with B737 or A320. The TU-204 ha apparently higher operating costs, but could be interesting from the financial side. With this, I don't want to say, that Tupolev, Ilyushin, or other russian made aircraft are unsafe or whatever, but in the eyes of the "normal" pasenger, a western build aircraft could indeed be the "better" aircraft and therefore SU a "better" airline.

Anyway, it's sad for the Russian aircraft industry, as they won't have much success outside Russia, if even Russian airlines go for Airbus and Boeing.

Regards
Gerardo



dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment
User currently offlineJanis From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 4, posted (13 years 8 months 14 hours ago) and read 2781 times:

As Aeroflot company 51% belongs to Russian government, the government might have be interested in concern of russian built a/c in western countries. Using russian aircraft in Aeroflot, it could be positive as an advert of it.
Anyway, the success or russian aircraft industry depends of finansation. Today it works without it.

Regards,
Janis


User currently offlineBrissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 5, posted (13 years 8 months 13 hours ago) and read 2754 times:

Can people stop posting that Aeroflot has ordered ANY Airbus aircraft. IT IS NOT TRUE. It has been denied by Aeroflot and Airbus, and the report has come from the French Prime Minister's office during the visit to France by the Russian Prime Minister and his entourage in December.

User currently offlineBrissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (13 years 8 months 12 hours ago) and read 2746 times:

Seeing as you seem to be the expert on Russian aircraft here, can you please explain in a brief synopsis why Russian aircraft aren't as good as Airbus or Boeing aircraft.

Or is it a case of you talking crap and have nothing better to contribute?


User currently offlineJAT From Canada, joined Feb 2000, 1101 posts, RR: 10
Reply 7, posted (13 years 8 months 12 hours ago) and read 2726 times:

Future_Pilot, before I compleatly dismiss your argument , for the sake of being fair answer me this:

Have you flown on a Russian A/C? (If so which)

What comparrison and also in what particular fields (efficency, safety, realabilty etc) do you have between, say a B-727 and a TU-154?

Unless you conducted your own scientific reasearch/study what factual, objective information did you refer to draw your conclusion?

Just for the record, the Russian people are a great, very smart people with great potential. If they were allowed to make an aircraft without being preassured (politically, finiancially) they would make an AC at least comparable to Boeing or Airbus.

By the way here is a bonus question:

Off the top of your head what do you know about the TU-204?




User currently offlineBrissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 8, posted (13 years 8 months 11 hours ago) and read 2722 times:

JAT

Let's be fair on this kid huh?

He surely knows his stuff. NOT!

He will be able to tell us how the 727 could not operate into the airports which the Tu-154 is able to. He can tell us what I mean I am sure.

He will then also be able to tell us all about how the Tu-214 has just (breaking news) received its Russian operating certificate. And for the records, the Tu-214, by gaining the Russian certificate, is now certified to fly under the American and European certificates.

A great day for Russian aviation.

Cheers

Scotty


User currently offlineFuture_Pilot From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 9, posted (13 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 2716 times:

If russian aircraft are so good, why doesn't any non-communist airline order them?. The large Airbus order from aeroflot supports my comment, even russians themseleves would rather use other aircraft. The only reason any country ever used these aircraft is because they were forced too by the russians who not so long ago controled half of europe.
Other Evidence:
-some passangers refuse to fly on russian aircraft-no doubt because they were badly designed and use unrealiable parts(older planes)
-they are much less efficent to operate(high fuel consumption)
-no respectable airline uses them
-all the aircraft were designed on a limited budget
-As a last resort Ilshuin and Tupulev are adopting western avionics and engines. Why do that, if russian technology is so good?
-what was the kill ratio in the gulf war?(F-15 vs. Mig(s))
try 50 to 1. hmmmm that says something.

-Also I should add that I am in no way saying that russians are less intlegent than other people-all humans have the same iq. Perhaps the Il-96 is an ok aircraft, but the russians damaged the reputation a long time ago.





User currently offlineJAT From Canada, joined Feb 2000, 1101 posts, RR: 10
Reply 10, posted (13 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 2705 times:

Great knews about the TU-214, I can't wait to see it flying in say, Aeroflot colours. Is the certification for the RR enginies or the PS-90 engines or both? What would really make me happy is if Lufthansa were to chose it for it's cargo fleet.

Cargo transport can either be fitted for transporting parcel cargoes on pallets, or for standard LD3-46 aircraft containers. The main structural difference from the passenger airliner is the availability of a large cargo bay door suitable for loading and unloading of containers and parcels.

For more info go to

Tupolev 214




User currently offlineWatewate From Canada, joined Nov 2000, 2284 posts, RR: 1
Reply 11, posted (13 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 2701 times:

I'm sure Russian a/cs are quite good. But in many westerners' heads, Russian jets just don't cut it when they are travelling by air. It's unfortunate that they treat Russian a/cs as second class machines. This is a terrible stereotype, and it will take a long long time to correct if ever. And Aeroflot needs to win western business- by using familiar jets. And if they want to join an alliance, they'll need to go this route. It's unfortunate, but that's the truth.

User currently offlineFuture_Pilot From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 12, posted (13 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 2693 times:

Ohh yes I would also like to say that I like the An-225, thats one impresive aircraft. Just so all of you don't think I hate russians or something.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Bob Harrington - Mazama Photographs



User currently offlineJAT From Canada, joined Feb 2000, 1101 posts, RR: 10
Reply 13, posted (13 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 2686 times:

Future_pilot

Just what is the fuel of consumption of a B-727 and a TU-154?

Are the B-727's flying for Delta, American, United also unrealiable because they are old?

Define "respectable airline"

I do not know if you know this, but aircraft manufacturers do not design avionics or engines.

What does the Gulf War have to do with civil aviation, also what MiGs were the Iraqis using against the F-15's? How proficent were the pilots?

Finally, it is a fact that older Russian A/C's such as the TU-154, -134 or IL-62 were not as efficent or comofortable as their western counterparts but you can not tell me they are not reliable, they are built solid and built to last. What really baked my noodle was that you said "The aircraft were never as good as their western counterparts and never will be. This is a stupid and childish comment which is not backed up at all. Learn a bit more about the TU-214, 334 and IL-96 and then come back and talk. BUT make sure you approach it with an open mind because if you insist on believing that Russian AC's are "bad" (whatever that may mean, it is a very broad concept) you can not learn anything.


User currently offlineDavid_mx From Mexico, joined Nov 1999, 209 posts, RR: 0
Reply 14, posted (13 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 2684 times:

I really can't believe why people put russian jetliners on second place when they operate in the worst conditions, I think new Russian airliners are as good as Boeing or Airbus, but are victims of regionalism ( made by people who don't see beyond their nose like people in this forum who can be described as ignorants ), I believe Tupolev will become the next Fokker for many airlines. I just think they are excellent workhorses. Hope to see more of them here in America.

By the way, for that such stupid people, America aren't the US.

David.


User currently offlineBrissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 15, posted (13 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 2674 times:

If russian aircraft are so good, why doesn't any non-communist airline order them?

Air Cairo(Egypt), Airrep(UK), TNT(UK) all operate the Tu-204. In the case of TNT, they are operating thru Airrep, but they are very close to announcing an order for their own. Lufthansa Cargo is also analysing the Tu-204 for their own operations.

There was an airline in Italy back in the early 80s which was operating Yakovlev Yak-42s...sorry...can't remember the name.

The large Airbus order from aeroflot supports my comment, even russians themseleves would rather use other aircraft.

Ummm...what order? There is NO order. It was a comment made by a spokesman of the French Prime Minister's office, which has since been denied by both Airbus and Aeroflot. Have you ever heard of the word, politicking?

some passangers refuse to fly on russian aircraft-no doubt because they were badly designed and use unrealiable parts(older planes)

The only aircraft which is unsafe was the Yakovlev Yak-40. Even the Russians refused to fly them. What you are getting at is a perception of them being badly designed. There is a difference you know.

-they are much less efficent to operate(high fuel consumption)

This is true of the "Soviet-era" aircraft, but they were not designed to be economic....they were designed to be heavy, sturdy and also operate from airports with non-surfaced runways and the like. I would like to see the 727 operate from some of the airports the Tu-154 has. FACT: In most cases, they can't.

The Tu-204 (for example) has good economics. What is lagging in the economics department is made up for in their low purchase cost (some one third of a 757).

-no respectable airline uses them

Please define "respectable" (I already know your answer). The reason very few airlines operate the latest generation Ilyushin and Tupolev aircraft is that there is no support base for them in their region, e.g. America, Singapore, Australia, etc. It has nothing to do with the design of the aircraft or even the economics of the aircraft, but the fact that Russian industry is hurting financially, and does not have the finance to be able to set up support bases, YET!

Can you also imagine the political uproar that would ensure in America, if say, Delta Airlines announced they would be ordering the Tu-204 over the Boeing 757? Politics play a big part in this you know.

-all the aircraft were designed on a limited budget

As were most things in the former Soviet Union. I have yet to see an American or European equivalent of the An-124 Ruslan or An-225 Mriya. Both of these aircraft are in a class of their own, with NO equal. Soviet industry has given us some of the greatest designs of all time "on a limited budget".

-As a last resort Ilshuin and Tupulev are adopting western avionics and engines. Why do that, if russian technology is so good?

Russian technology is up there with the rest of the modern world. The only thing that isn't up there with the rest of us, is their finances. I have no doubt that Russian engineers can produce modernised engines and avionics, but because of the financial situation in Russia today, there is NO money to do this. Therefore, you have to look to P&W, or Honeywell for already in-use products.

what was the kill ratio in the gulf war?(F-15 vs. Mig(s)) try 50 to 1. hmmmm that says something.

It says nothing at all actually. What it says is that the Allied forces in the Gulf had more equipment (i.e. fighters) than the Iraqis. Remember....the Allies were not fighting the Russians. The Mig-29, Su-27 and Su-31 are widely regarded (by Janes for one) to be the most advanced and highly suited fighters in the modern age.

And don't give me the old line that only communist country's operate Russian fighters, because this is untrue. The Luftwaffe inherited Mig-29s when the two Germanys reunited. Those Mig-29s are still in the armament to this day.

Malaysia, in the early 1990s, chose the Mig-29 over the F-15 and F-16 because of the 29's superior handling and firepower.

BTW...the An-225 is not a Russian aircraft. It is Ukrainian.


User currently offlineFuture_Pilot From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 16, posted (13 years 8 months 9 hours ago) and read 2664 times:

1. I would also call the 727 unreliable, simply because of its age. Still It carries more people, is faster and has a longer range than the TU-154. Both aircraft have about the same number of accidents on their record.

2.True Russian a/c are tough.

3. The point I was trying to make is not that they crash alot but rather that they are not a efficient to operate and that the performance(speed,range,pax# and quality) is not as good compared to Boeing and Airbus a/c. I mentioned the migs(which are russian) to prove that russians can't quite get it right, weather(spelling?) the a/c are civilian or mitiary.



User currently offlineKevin From Canada, joined Dec 2000, 1142 posts, RR: 0
Reply 17, posted (13 years 8 months 9 hours ago) and read 2648 times:

I'd like to thank Brissie Lions for his comments. But all of you guys , when I hear you talking "unreliable, less eficient" it is not really true. I lived in USSR and I heard people talking. They were talking not about reliability or efficency. The only thing Soviet people admired at the "WEST" is... Comfort and Service. They thought that all the western aircraft only have the first class seats. Those people had little info about the West and they admired everything coming from in there. I remember the times when they will bow into your legs because you gave them a bubble gum or a "Pepsi" can.
They thought that everything Western is good and everything Russian is bad. May be some things were bad in USSR, but believe me Soviet Governement held on top everything that concerns transportation (incl airplanes) and military equipement.
After USSR collapsed, evrything did so as well. Once mighty "Aeroflot" broke down in many pieces. The CEO of the new airlines thought only about their pockets "As long as the airplane is able to fly I don't care about anything else". That's why some crashes occured.
Now the economical situation in Russia is poor and noone denies this fact. Russian engineers don't get paid for months and they work only enthusiastically. I saw a program about their inventions and improvements that aren't able to be produced because there is no money.

I won't say that Russian aircraft are better than Boeing and Airbus. But I believe that once Russia stands strongly you'll be able to witness a lot of "Made in Russia" replacing a lot of products worldwide.

Regards


User currently offlineBrissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 18, posted (13 years 8 months 8 hours ago) and read 2640 times:

Let's compare the 727 to the Tu-154M

Boeing 727

Length 46.69m
Wingspan 32.91m
Range 2750-4050km
MTWO 95,300kg
Cruising speed 965km/h
Cruising altitude 12,191m
Pax capacity 148-186
Powerplant 3 P&W JT8D turbofans (17R has 17,400lb thrust)

Tupolev Tu-154M

Length 47.9m
Wingspan 37.55m
Range 5000km
MTWO 100,000kg
Cruising speed 950km/h
Cruising altitude 11,900m
Pax capacity 156-180
Powerplant 3 Soloviev D-30KU-154-II turbofans (does anyone have the thrust for these at all?)

As you will see both aircraft are comparable, expect the Tu-154M has almost an extra 1,000km in range. Add to the fact that the Tu-154M is still in production (but not for long), and the price tag of a new Tu-154M is still less than that for a used 727, and you have yourself a very attractive aircraft.

Now let's compare post-Soviet era aircraft.

Boeing 757-200

Length 47.32m
Wingspan 38.05m
Range 7240km
MTWO 115,680kg
Cruising speed Mach 0.80
Cruising altitude 12,191m
Pax capacity 192-239
Powerplant 2 Rolls-Royce RB211-535E4B (43,000lb thrust)

Tupolev Tu-214

Length 46.16m
Wingspan 41.8m
Range 6,700km
MTWO 110,750kg
Cruising speed 810-850km/h
Cruising altitude 12,100m
Pax capacity 130-210
Powerplant 2 PS-90A turbofans (40,000 lb thrust)

On a whole, it may seem that the 757 comes out on top, but let me quote Vladimir Filyov (the head of Sibir Airlines based in Novosibirsk).

Q: What is Siberia doing to update its aircraft fleet?
A: We have bought a Tu-204 and are now evaluating it. We are taking things slowly and carefully, and are gradually bringing it online.
Q: Are you satisfied with the airplane?
A: It is still too early to say. If we were buying a Boeing or an Airbus, we would know we are buying a finished product. When we buy a Tu-204, we are buying a headache. But this headache costs so little that we look at it and think, maybe it's worth trying it out. Theoretically, the plane's economics make it profitable on routes of 5,000 kilometers. In practice, we are flying 3,000 kilometers with it. Of course, its effectiveness is lower, but it is still there. For this distance, the most effective plane in the world
is a [Soviet-built] Tu-154M, thanks to its cost. The cost of the airplane plus its user costs are still less than the loan payments-plus-interest you would pay for the latest generation of airplanes.

And Future_pilot, your comments on the MiGs proved absolutely nothing at all on their performance or reliability. Again, even Jane's, recognises the latest generation MiGs and Sukhois as the best fighters on the planet today.


User currently offlineKevin From Canada, joined Dec 2000, 1142 posts, RR: 0
Reply 19, posted (13 years 8 months 8 hours ago) and read 2632 times:

Well said Brissie!

User currently offlineNGer From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 20, posted (13 years 8 months 6 hours ago) and read 2623 times:

Very interesting topic indeed. I've flown AN-24,26,TU-134A, then Boeing 737-200, now 737-700.Most people in ex-USSR prefer western aircraft because they know nothing about difference, but they know that all western is good and all Soviet is bad.It's a big stereotype and it's wrong.737NG is great indeed but it brings defects almost every day also. Ex-Soviet aircrafts basicly were made by changing military projects. Goverment always found nothing for people. All money for army.


User currently offlineFuture_Pilot From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 21, posted (13 years 8 months 6 hours ago) and read 2612 times:

Perhaps I was wrong about the TU154 vs. 727 thing. You are right, Iraq did use old Mig-21's and such during the gulf war, which were no match for the new US fighters.......also are there any pics Tu-204 available?


User currently offlineBrissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 22, posted (13 years 8 months 6 hours ago) and read 2608 times:

Thanks Kevin. I do try 

Just wanted to touch on this

I won't say that Russian aircraft are better than Boeing and Airbus. But I believe that once Russia stands strongly you'll be able to witness a lot of "Made in Russia" replacing a lot of products worldwide.

As well, I wouldn't say that Russian aircraft are better than Airbus and Boeing. I would however say that they are comparable to them.

I too believe that Russian aircraft will once again be gracing the international skies, but I also believe that unless something happens within the industry in Russia, and QUICK, it may be too late for the industry to ever recover...i.e. producing airliners, instead of ashtrays and seatbelt buckles.

There is some big news coming up from Russia in the next few weeks, so I have been told, so be sure to check out the Russian news sites in the next few weeks (just hope you speak po-Russkii)

Future_Pilot

There are plenty of photos of the Tu-204 right here at airliners.net

Cheers

Scotty


User currently offlineSingapore_Air From United Kingdom, joined Nov 2000, 13742 posts, RR: 19
Reply 23, posted (13 years 8 months 5 hours ago) and read 2604 times:

Brissie Lions: Ths was posted in Flight International magazine 2 January 2001!

Anyway I think it's good that Aeroflot are getting Airbuses. It means they can compete with other airlines and they can now somehow manage to build a reputation outside Russia.



Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.
User currently offlineBrissie_lions From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 24, posted (13 years 8 months 5 hours ago) and read 2597 times:

Let me say again for you. Aeroflot are NOT getting any more Airbus' as reported by Flight International. Let me guess, the number was 30, right? You will notice that after the Xmas/New Year break there will be more articles announcing this non-order, which was announced on 19/12. Let's just hope they print in next weeks edition the denial by both Airbus and Aeroflot.

Below this are articles on this whole non-story. Please don't tell me that Flight International knows something which a friend of mine who works for Aeroflot in their International Relations Department in Moscow doesn't know.

--------

PARIS, Dec 18 (AFP) - Russian airline Aeroflot has
signed up to acquire about 30 Airbus airliners while
Russian companies will also supply parts for the
European consortium's planned A3XX superjumbo jet
under separate deals announced Monday.
Aeroflot's letter of intent to acquire Airbus aircraft
was among several agreements between Russia and France
covering aeronautics and space, as well an agreement
for the protection of secret information, French Prime
Minister Lionel Jospin's office said.
The agreements included the supply of parts from
Russian companies for Airbus' planned A3XX giant
airliner, said the spokesman for visiting Russian
Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov.
The Airbus board is expected to launch the A3XX
programme on Tuesday, marking the start of a
10.7-billion-dollar (11.8 billion euros) programme to
build the world's biggest airliner ever.
The agreement allows Russian companies to deliver up
to 40 percent of the A3XX parts sourced from outside
the European Union, the Russian spokesman said. To
date, only US and Russian companies are capable of
filling such orders, he said.
The agreement had been signed by Jospin and Kasyanov
in the French-Russian Commission being held here on
Monday and Tuesday.
The agreement on protection of classified information
"should open up possibilities for true cooperationm in
the military field and on space", the spokesman for
the Russian prime minister said.

---------------

Here are some comments of mine which came after this non-order was announced on the ORders Egroup Forum.

As for SU buying 30 Airbus aircraft. Well, I must say this is totally out of the blue, because not one word is coming out of my contacts in MOW, nor the news media over there. It is obviously the French playing bullshit games (like they did when Airbus announced the China deal). Gotta love the imagination of some people huh?

1) If there is an order for 30 Airbuses, this means that there will be a total order for about 90 aircraft in total, because under Russian law, Aeroflot will have to offset that order with purchases of locally built aircraft (this is done as a tax write-off as well). I would have at least expected an announcement for maybe 30 Tu-204s and maybe 30 Tu-334s.....but nothing.

2) Even if the LOI for 30 aircraft were for A319s....SU has absolutely no need for this many aircraft at this point in time. They have no need to rush into a fleet modernisation at this stage either.

3) Where on earth is SU going to get the finance from? Their IPO is still a little behing schedule (scheduled for February if my memory serves me correctly).

4) Funny that this has not been reported by Interfax, ITAR-Tass, Russian Journal, Avias, Avia.ru, Russia Today, The Moscow Times. The only thing we have to go on here is what the French PM's office has said about a meeting nearly a week ago.

I am treating this with the utmost suspicion. (Article in following email)

----------

G'day/Privyet guys

Does anyone with sources at Airbus know if this LOI was in fact signed on
Monday night? Nothing on Airbus' site at all.

Cheers

Scotty

> *** Aeroflot To Buy 30 Airbuses
>
> Aeroflot is set to sign a letter of intent to purchase about 30 jets from
European plane maker Airbus Industrie, a source close to French Prime
Minister Lionel Jospin said Monday.
>
> Valery Okulov, the head of Aeroflot, and Airbus head Noel Forgeard were
due to sign the letter in the presence of Jospin and Prime Minister Mikhail
Kasyanov at the French Foreign Ministry on Monday evening.
>
> ``There is a letter of intent for Airbus with Aeroflot for about 30
planes,`` the source said. The source did not provide any details on which
types of planes were involved.
>
> European aerospace giant EADS, which owns 80 percent of Airbus, said
separately that the plane maker was considering furthering its cooperation
with Russian industry in programs including the A3XX superjumbo.
>
> Kasyanov met Jospin on Monday morning as part of the sixth Franco-Russian
intergovernmental conference that continues until Tuesday. The two prime
ministers were also expected to sign an agreement on the protection of
classified materials.
>
> As part of the visit, European aerospace giant EADS, which owns 80 percent
of Airbus, also concluded a cooperative agreement with the Russian space
agency Rosaviacosmos.
>
> The agreement provides for expansion of European-Russian programs operated
by the three founding companies that merged into EADS as well as new joint
ventures.
>
> EADS said it would ``continue and expand`` joint modernization and
marketing of the MiG-29 with the Russian aviation industry.
>
> /Reuters/

--------

This Russian language article basically covers what it written in the previous one...as well....there is NO mention of any LOI for 30 Airbus aircraft

Касьянов намерен договориться о поставках деталей к аэробусу A 3XX

В ходе начинающегося сегодня официального визита Михаила Касьянова во Францию ожидается подписание важных французско-российских контрактов о сотрудничестве в области гражданской и военной авиации. Об этом сообщил вице-премьер правительства России Илья Клебанов, который принимал участие в подготовке визита Михаила Касьянова в рамках прошедшего в Париже заседания Экономического, финансового, промышленного и торгового совета.

Как передает корреспондент РИА-Новости, это заседание предшествуют ежегодному заседанию Большой французско-российской межправительственной комиссии по двустороннему сотрудничеству, сопредседателями которой являются российский премьер Михаил Касьянов и премьер-министр Франции Лионель Жоспен.

Как сообщил Илья Клебанов, в ходе поездки в столицу аэрокосмической промышленности Франции - город Тулузу он провел переговоры с руководителями концернов "Аэроспейс МАТРА" и "СНЕКМА моторс". На них шла речь о подписании соглашения между Россией и Францией по вопросу модернизации российских истребителей МиГ-29 для третьих стран.

По мнению вице-премьера, этот военный самолет, находящийся на вооружении 50 стран мира, можно назвать лучшим военным самолетом своего класса в ХХ веке. Если обновить оборудование и авионику МиГ-29, модернизировать двигатели и вооружение, они могут прослужить не один десяток лет. Существуют также российские разработки по повышению боевой мощности этих машин в 3-4 раза.

Илья Клебанов подчеркнул, что если соглашение России, Франции и Германии по модернизации МиГ-29 будет успешно реализовано, страны - участницы данного проекта "смогут добиться серьезных коммерческих успехов на мировых рынках". Потенциал модернизации и продаж МиГ-29, по словам вице-премьера, составляет до 2 тыс. самолетов.

В Тулузе Илья Клебанов провел переговоры с руководством франко-британо-германского консорциума "Аэробус". Как известно, эти три страны планируют выпуск "Аэробуса" нового поколения А3ХХ, который сможет перевозить до 500 пассажиров. По условиям тендера на поставку узлов и оборудования для новой машины 40% деталей могут быть изготовлены третьими странами. В этом плане, считает Илья Клебанов, у российских авиастроителей есть хорошие шансы участвовать своими комплектующими в создании А3ХХ.

Кроме этого, сообщил вице-премьер, планируется создание франко-российского СП в области авиационных двигателей на базе французской компании "СНЕКМА моторс" и российской - "Рыбинские моторы". Новое СП займется разработкой авиационных двигателей нового поколения для российских и французских военных самолетов. По мнению Клебанова, "будущее СП позволит выйти рыбинским моторостроителям на новый этап в мировом разделении труда в такой высокотехнологичной области, как создание современных авиадвигателей".

Подписание документов о франко-российском сотрудничестве в области военной и гражданской авиации планируется на 18 декабря.

"Cтрана.Ru"

-------

There was also an article at

http://afp.voila.fr/article?114677

which was an Airbus official denying the order or LOI, but it isn't there any more.

----------


25 Hamlet69 : Brissie_lions, I would like to personnally thank you for your contributions to this thread. The year 2001 has started off very badly for the credibili
26 Singapore_Air : Well how was I to know if it was false. And how do I know it isn't true? I'm sorry Brissie_Lions. I know you like to speak your mind but this is a res
27 Slawko : Well you have further demonstrated your amzing knowledge of Russian airplanes...you love the AN225 ah??? Well them maybe you should go read a few more
28 Brissie_lions : Guys and gals. I showed this thread to someone in Russia, and their comment was to look a few thousand kilometres further to the west of Europe. Whils
Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
A Big Airbus Order To Come By The End Of The Year? posted Thu Dec 7 2006 19:01:07 by RootsAir
FI: NW Poised For Big E175 Order. posted Wed Sep 20 2006 02:13:12 by Remcor
Potential Big Airbus A320 Order For AirAsia posted Tue Nov 9 2004 13:51:48 by KEESJE
America West Has Placed An Order For 22 Airbus posted Sat Aug 14 2004 05:37:33 by Squirrel83
CI Has Just Postponed The Airbus Order posted Wed Jul 31 2002 10:46:26 by Chiawei
Easyjet Announces New Airbus Order posted Tue Nov 14 2006 09:20:08 by RichardPrice
EVA Shelved 777-200LR Order, No Big 77F Order .... posted Mon Nov 13 2006 23:47:06 by Jimyvr
Chirac To Visit China = Airbus Order? posted Wed Oct 25 2006 20:42:42 by WINGS
Virgin Atlantic Has Sent Airbus New Proposal posted Fri Oct 13 2006 16:16:52 by Osiris30
FI: Everything About The Airbus A380 posted Wed Oct 11 2006 14:18:12 by Leelaw
CI Has Just Postponed The Airbus Order posted Wed Jul 31 2002 10:46:26 by Chiawei
CRJ-1000 - Who Has It On Order? posted Sat Oct 16 2010 13:01:03 by dldtw1962
Hong Kong Airlines Firm Airbus Order posted Wed Oct 13 2010 04:14:21 by Flying-Tiger