Flyiguy From United States of America, joined Feb 2004, 1117 posts, RR: 0 Posted (6 years 9 months 1 week 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 4959 times:
United and United Express Launch New and Seasonal Services on December 15
United is launching a new non-stop service from Los Angeles to Frankfurt on December 15 as well as a number of seasonal services.
* With the introduction of the LAX-FRA service, United will serve Frankfurt eight times daily from four of our International Gateways, twice daily from San Francisco and Chicago; and three times daily from Washington, D.C.
* The Chicago to Jackson Hole, Wyo. service, which has previously been a summer market for United Express, will operate using mainline aircraft for the ski season. Additionally, United Express is adding a new daily service from Chicago to Steamboat Springs, Colo.
* United will resume seasonal service from Chicago to Cozumel, Mexico, operating one flight a week from December 15 through April 22, 2008.
* Other seasonal routes beginning on December 15 include:
- Chicago - Aspen
- Chicago - Liberia
- Chicago - Montego Bay
- Chicago - Punta Cana
- Denver - Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo
- Denver - Maui
- Washington Dulles - West Palm Beach
- Washington Dulles - Montego Bay
- Washington Dulles - Punta Cana
- Los Angeles - Aspen
- Los Angeles - Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo
- Los Angeles - Jackson Hole
- San Francisco - Aspen
IAD to KWI is now operating 7 days a weeks as well as of Dec. 15th.
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.
Tallguy14 From United States of America, joined Jul 2002, 228 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (6 years 9 months 1 week 4 days 12 hours ago) and read 4472 times:
Hey Flyiguy-- thanks for the updates! But take it from a guy who's been there-- I worked for United for 12 years before moving on to another career last year. A few years ago I made a seemingly innocent posting on a.net and got jerked into my manager's office the very next day about proprietary information, sensitive info etc etc. Letter in my file, double secret probation, and so on.
Even if the information is out there-- you might be be setting yourself up for a stern talking-to.
AirlineBrat From United States of America, joined Jan 2005, 652 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (6 years 9 months 1 week 4 days 7 hours ago) and read 4097 times:
Quoting Tallguy14 (Reply 2): Even if the information is out there-- you might be be setting yourself up for a stern talking-to.
It is too bad that the uppity ups do not see this kind of activity as free advertising. If this info has not been officially announced yet, I would understand. If it has been officially announced, then it should be fair game. I didn't know that these new routes are now in the official timetable. There is a good chance that I may see about purchasing a ticket and check out this new service. And UA didn't have to spend a dime with some big time Madison Avenue advertising firm to let me know what is up........
I'm leavin on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again....
LACA773 From United States of America, joined Nov 2004, 4020 posts, RR: 2
Reply 5, posted (6 years 9 months 1 week 4 days 5 hours ago) and read 4015 times:
How did UA's first LAX-FRA-LAX flights do? I hope they do well and I wish them the best of luck. They seem to be trying to enhance their service from LAX in someways to make it easier for their most important customers by giving them more options and frequencies.