PieTpaFlSun From United States of America, joined Jan 2004, 106 posts, RR: 0 Posted (6 years 6 months 10 hours ago) and read 2925 times:
I've been researching the BA 777 operations out of LGW. I have a few questions if someone can help.
1. Is this a 777 flight crew base?
2. How many 777's are based in LGW? Timetable research appears to be 10.
3. How many are configured in the leisure coach class for the island and Tampa markets? G-VIIO and G-VIIP are frequent visitors to TPA.
4. Are the aircraft registrations available in a breakdown?
5. Are these aircraft ferried to LHR for heavy maintenance?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This Yank sure loves Speedbird!
No, there is no B777 heavy maintemance at LHR. All B777 and B744 have heavy maintenance at Cardiff. All lower maint is carried out at LGW. The LGW 3 class aircraft never visit LHR. All LGW B777 have GE engines.