Cenci From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2001, 11 posts, RR: 0 Posted (15 years 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 2199 times:
i am currently working on a college project comparing the current 777 GE90-94B engine agaisnt the rolls royce trent 895 and am in need of assistance,
if anyone has any info on either engine such as performance, cost, reliability, good web sites, pictures etc etc please contact me by email or leave a reply here - i would also like your opinion of the better choice for the 777 and reasons why
Mikeybien From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (15 years 5 days 21 hours ago) and read 2102 times:
If you have the timeframe, write to the companies. I wrote to Pratt a few years back for a project and they sent me gobs of info.
If you need the info now, RR has a decent website with some limited info, GE has a lousy one. Sorry i dont have any source material recent enough to have information on the engines you requested.
TEDSKI From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 7, posted (15 years 5 days 18 hours ago) and read 2084 times:
For the 94,000lb thrust GE90-94B engine, the fan blades are made with composites with titanium edges to protect against foreign objects while the 3-spool designed 95,000lb thrust RR Trent 895, the fan blades are 100% titanium.
Wingman From Seychelles, joined May 1999, 2746 posts, RR: 7
Reply 9, posted (15 years 5 days 13 hours ago) and read 2052 times:
I've never done this research, but here are some thoughts:
1. FAA website for diversion and scheduled reliability data (as in how often the plane is delayed due to mechanical problems with the engine/s)
2. Boeing-most likely will not share proprietary data of engine suppliers but try anyway.
3. Check the resources available from the online libraries at the aeronautical schools. Ebony Ruffles (?) might be one...
4. Tedski-not a whole lot of info but certainly knows how to carry a theme to the bitter end. Still not sure what the theme is though.
5. Also check PPRUNE and ask around as well as some of the air disaster websites. Some have links that I've followed before with very comprehensive papers on subjects such as yours.
6. Do what I did in college and BS the thing. No way in hell your prof. is going to know anything about the subject in great detail. Just don't get caught. That's the difference between Nixon, Clinton and the rest of us.