DL 604 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (16 years 3 months 3 weeks 2 days 10 hours ago) and read 1620 times:
OK, based on how well the previous trivia went, test your skills here. This is Airline Trivia II. The clues are more detailed to give you a better chance at winning. The same rules apply: Guess all of the correct airlines in the correct order and you win!
Good luck to you!
1. Operates a vast domestic network to over 40 cities, together with services to USA and across the Atlantic to Europe. Based in North America.
2. First formaed in 1937 with services between Vancouver and Seattle. Today serves 120 destinations and over 90 in North America, with services to European, Caribbean and Asian destinations. Alliance with United, Continental, Lufthansa and Korean Air.
3. Operates only two aircraft types, flying over 100 flights a week from US and Caribbean destinations.
4. A charter airline with services from eastern Canada to Mexico, Caribbean, US, Central and South America, and Europe. Operates two aircraft types.
5. World's largest international passenger network, serving 169 destinations in 80 countries. Code-share with Aeromexico.
6. Sixth-largest US airline with 56 international destinations. Has made a considerable comeback since the 1980's.
7. A very, very famous US-based airline serving many international destinations until 1991, when the airline fell victim to commercial turmoil.
*Facts based on US airlines 1996.*
Have fun. Some of these I'm practically giving to you.
Patroni From Luxembourg, joined Aug 1999, 1403 posts, RR: 12
Reply 14, posted (16 years 3 months 2 weeks 5 days 10 hours ago) and read 1280 times:
Ahh... 1996, yep, I somehow overlooked it... Air Transat was my first guess for question 4, but since they have three aircraft types NOW (757, Tristar and A330..) I chose Royal... but they also have three types, don't they? (727, 310,330??)