Lutfi From China, joined Sep 2000, 808 posts, RR: 0 Posted (14 years 9 months 1 week 5 days 23 hours ago) and read 1542 times:
Supposedly the interim investigation report on SQ006 will be released Friday.
Interim report means the investigators release all the facts known so far, rather than the causes.
Rumours so far:
- The Captain was on an illegal roster, he hadn't been given enough rest in the days before the flight by SQ
- SQ ops may have called up the crew, to "check" if they were going to try and take off in the bad weather, or cancel the flight and cost money for hotel rooms. This, in SQ culture, is tantamount to an order to try and take off.
- SQ are going to revamp their flight operation department, bringing in a RSAF general.
- SQ are having to alter their policies on 1 Capt/ 2 FO long haul operations which have come under intense scrutiny.
- SQ are having great difficulty hiring new foreign pilots. Salaries and conditions are too low compared to other world class airlines.
Hopefully all flight safety departments will learn from this sad experience. Cutting corners to save costs, pressuring crew to operate rosters that are too tiring, and putting commercial concerns first can lead to disaster
Singapore_Air From United Kingdom, joined Nov 2000, 13754 posts, RR: 18
Reply 3, posted (14 years 9 months 1 week 5 days 18 hours ago) and read 1501 times:
Yes I would think so. The person who posted the roumours: You didn't get them of pprune by any chance would you. Not dissing you but they seem so full of SQ this and SQ that, but your also forgetting the ATC, CI pilots (to a lesser extent), the runway lights, the runway lights!!!!, and the weather (although that has been ruled out)
I don't expect any hoo ha-s when this comes out. It's merely factual and won't tell us "why" anything happenned.
But we'll see.