King767 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 5, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 16 hours ago) and read 1012 times:
I don't see your point here.
1. UAL, I kind of agree with you here. But I am not usually one to complain about airline service, unless the FA's don't do thier job and tell me to F*ck off.
2. What's wrong with DFW?
3. Are you DL's fleet and route planner? The 764s do well on those high load routes, 763s operate them also. Whats the matter with a DLs 763s to Europe? Thats what there meant to do, I don't see anything wrong with DLs older 76s anyway. If we put Cba in charge, we would be seeing DLconnection operating CRJ's to Europe and 777s operating routes like LGA-SYR!
4. They have ordered A333s and 753s.
5. I happen to think Transcon 73 flights are cool. You know, airlines don't operate on the basis of being "cool". Cba, would it be cool if CO started C172 Transcons? I don't see you complaining about 757 transcons, same body, just a bit longer.
About COs 762s. CO always puts new Widebody's on domestics to get their pilots the "feel" and getting used to. Don't expect the 76s to be repalceing narrowbody's on Transcons.
Singapore 777 From Singapore, joined May 1999, 1008 posts, RR: 3 Reply 7, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 993 times:
1) Please don't make me feel it's too much to ask for a drink or for that matter to visit the cockpit. Just a simple 'no' will be fine.
2) Please make your fish and salads more edible. We're all dying of staleness and tastelessness.
3) Please go and service the KrisWorld systems on your A340 aircraft. I can't even watch a movie without a minute of not flickering or distortion.
4) More legspace...if you don't mind! Don't make me feel so cramped even trying to watch a movie properly. I can't even twist myself to a comfortable position.
5) Please depart on-time next time...I'm sick of waiting for 1/2 + 1/2 hour every single time, 1/2 hour preboarded and another 1/2 hour of waiting after departure time?? And it inconveniences the person waiting for me at the destination airport.
COexERJ From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 9, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 986 times:
Your info is incorrect, CO will be putting the 762/764/777 on some transcon and high-density routes. As a Res agent for CO, I have first hand knowlege, as I see the scedule far in advance of the general public. Please see my post from 2 weeks ago:
At work tonight I came across something rather interesting. CO will finally begin transcon widebody service from EWR-SFO, EWR-LAX, and IAH-LAX. Here's the general breakdown:
EWR-SFO: 762 service 1 time daily (except Sundays) begins May 02.
EWR-LAX: 762 service 1 time daily (except Sundays) begins Aug 01.
EWR-MCO: 762 service 1 time daily begins Jun 01
IAH-LAX: (in addition to DC10 service) 762 operates 1 time daily beginning Nov 01.
IAH-EWR: Currently using DC10 and 762 equipment with 777 equipment used intermittently beginning Mar 02. (777 routing is for aircraft repositioning)
All of these routings should, according to the schedule, last until at least 15 Jan 02 (that's as far in advance as the computer lets me go)....just thought I'd share, as I know some were wondering about CO using these new w/b on transcons.
VirginA340 From United States of America, joined Jul 2005, 15 posts, RR: 0 Reply 10, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 976 times:
To almost all the american airliners Please have your food tasting better like it is home cooked and edible instead of mystery meals from your high school cafeteria. In some cases it makes hospital food look like a 5-star meal. For every carrier; for godsake we neee MORE legroom. I expect JAL and ANA to crush me like a sardine but in america bigger means better so we Americans need more legroom and more recline to our seats since the average passenger sits in it 97% of the flight. Get newer planes and for godsake on the UAL and AA 777s abolish the 2x5x2. I sat in a 2x5x2 on DC-10s, MD-11s, L-1011s transcon, Transpacific and Trans atlantic in the MIDDLE and it was no fun to be sitting between 2 people on eachside especially on a 19 hr transpac flight LAX-Hong kong. Actually this directive goes to ALL airlines with that corny 2x5x2 config from HELL
COexERJ From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 11, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 14 hours ago) and read 963 times:
One thing to keep in mind, if there is something you think needs attention, bring it to the airline.... You are, after all, consumers. Most airlines have a customer care department, try writing a letter, or speaking to a represenative. It might just help!
Cba From United States of America, joined Jul 2000, 4530 posts, RR: 3 Reply 12, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 14 hours ago) and read 951 times:
My post was intended to list a major flaw (customer related) of each of the 5 largest US airlines. CO is my favorite, and I even included them, so don't take offense that I included NWA.
1. Ok, you understand United.
2. Making a connection in DFW is pure hell. I know that from much experience.
3. Your remark about CRJ's to Europe and commuter 777 flights is exactly my counterpoint. The new 764's are newer, and have a nicer and more spacious interior. DL 763's are quite cramped. My post was also intended as a joke. It was a little joke about how Delta uses there new and more advanced/comfortable jets to MCO, while they use their cramped 763's to Europe. Jeez.
4. I listed in my post that NWA is ordering new planes to replace the DC-10's.
5. What I meant by "not cool" was not good. I wasn't saying that it was out of airline fashion or anything like that.
COexERJ From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 15, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 12 hours ago) and read 929 times:
re-regulation? I'll have to disagree with you on that. You can pass legislation all you want, but you cannot legislate cooperation. Imagine for example, that congress aprroves a bill which forces airlines to advise of certian things like change of gauge, overbooked flights, and info on chronically late flights. Can you imagine how many of those 50% ontime performing flights will get new flight number in short order? If passengers don't like the treatment they receive, they should choose another carrier. I think the solution here lies in the airlines' having enough pressure put on them by the travelling public. I think the problem with the delays has more to do with the antiquated ATC system than anything else. Hopefull G'Dub will wake up and realize that we have a real crisis on our hands.
Samspain From Spain, joined Feb 2001, 121 posts, RR: 0 Reply 17, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 10 hours ago) and read 907 times:
The 5 majors: make yoor domestic inflight services comparable to what you offer on international routes. For instance. take a Delta flight from Europe to LA, conneting at ATL or JFK and you'll feel the experience.
AAa300 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 18, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 3 hours ago) and read 866 times:
Just an FYI for VirginA340. In the 2x5x2 config only ONE person per row has to climb over two people to get to the aisle. If you went to a 3x3x3 config you now have TWO people per row that have to climb over two people to get to the aisle. The 3x3x3 may sound better, but in practice its much less practical. It sucks to be that one in the E on 2x5x2, but it would just suck the joy out of a window seat on a 3x3x3. Just my opinion, but the 2x5x2 is the lesser of evils.
King767 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 19, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day ago) and read 852 times:
I did not mean that there will be no CO 767 transcons, what my statement meant was that 767s will not replace 737s on transcons. I probably should have left out the part about crew intro on domestic flights.
Yes I can take a joke (I take lots of them everyday ) but you have to admit to yourself that you did not take the jokes in my post, so we are even. Actually, the 764s are more cramped than the 763. This is why DL is refurbishing the 777s and 764s interior with a new company (The original company did a pure crap job). I also believe a number of 763s are involved in this as well. I have flown many DL 767, old and new, and I can tell that they are fine planes. Mabye the seat pitch in the older ones is not as good as the new 763s, but I don't have any problem flying them on 6 or 8 hour flights. If you flew a DL 764 before they go in for refurbishment on a EU flight, you would be taking back everything you said.
The Best, Tom
WN boy From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 20, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 23 hours ago) and read 839 times:
Roberson, what would you have in mind for your version of "re-regulation?" And this is a good question for all those McCain-istas who favor the "Passengers' Bill of Rights" (oh, look, that has "bill of rights" in it. That's like the Constitution. It must be good public policy!)
Do you want FAA inspectors at the gate handing out fines whenever an airline leaves you in the dark about a delay rather than telling you that there was just a major hydraulic leak and that MX is fixing it. Or better yet, do you want to create a private right of action so that passengers can sue the airline whenever they get salted instead of the good honey roasted peanuts. Rights are great, but they are meaningless without some way of enforcing them. Please enlighten us as to how the rights espoused by you and some of our enlightened members of Congress are to be enforced.
XFSUgimpLB41X From United States of America, joined Aug 2000, 4104 posts, RR: 38 Reply 22, posted (12 years 9 months 3 weeks 23 hours ago) and read 830 times:
It seems like everytime i get on an airbus (esp NW that i am usually on) some retard next to me starts complaining about it being an airbus or something.... An airplane is an airplane you idiot....they dont just fall out of the sky or some crap like that. Enough of that response....
On NW- Number 1, the DC-10's and DC-9's are very nicely refurbished and kept up. Apparently you dont know this. An airplane is not a like a car..they are more like buildings, they appreciate in value over time as long as the airframe is kept up and well maintained... which they are.