SAA-SAL From Belgium, joined Nov 2000, 356 posts, RR: 3 Posted (13 years 6 months 2 days 8 hours ago) and read 930 times:
I believe that BRU does not have any scheduled service with a B777. It recieves 7 B747 services (mostly cargo), 8 DC-10/MD-11 services and 6 A330/A340 services; and yet no 777s! I'm patiently waiting for an airline to do so.
Maybe Delta (when they replace their MD-11s) or Continental (when they replace their DC-10s).
What do you think will be the first airline to operate a B777 scheduled service to BRU?
Ishky15 From United States of America, joined May 2000, 717 posts, RR: 12
Reply 1, posted (13 years 6 months 2 days 7 hours ago) and read 910 times:
When Delta gets more 777s, Brussels will probably have a chance at getting one because they've flown the MD-11 there occasionally, so there must be a market large enough for a 777.
I doubt that Continental will ever fly a 777 to Brussels. They already downgraded to a 757, but now they are a 767-200. Because of Sabena's withdrawl in the BRU-EWR market, maybe Continental would consider sending a 767-400 there.
HB-IWC From Indonesia, joined Sep 2000, 4503 posts, RR: 72
Reply 4, posted (13 years 6 months 2 days 4 hours ago) and read 891 times:
A lot of corrections here:
* BRU already did have a B777 service in the past, as correctly stated SFO-LHR-BRU by UA. However, already for two years now, the LHR-BRU-LHR part has been operated by B763, and will most likely not return next summer as UA needs the LHR-slots for their round the world service ;
* Egyptair's sunday-service to CAI is normally operated by B743, but occasionally gets switched, mostly to B777 or A340 ;
* Delta's MD11s are no longer operating to BRU on the ATL route, and will not come back for the summer season neither ;
* Continental is still operating the B752 to BRU, and will only next month swap to B762 ;
* I don't get your point about the 6 A330/A340 services, the 7 B747 services, and the 8 DC10/MD11 services. You mean that is the number of carriers operating these aircraft into BRU?
I wouldn't personally be surprised if, at some point, SQ would switch their B744 into a B777 on BRU-SIN (which will become a non-stop from august, not via ZRH anymore) and become a new B777 operator at BRU.