Olympic A-340 From United States of America, joined Apr 2000, 780 posts, RR: 11 Posted (12 years 9 months 1 week 2 days 3 hours ago) and read 3119 times:
I have just gotten my tickets to Greece!!
I am flying Virgin Premium Economy from
Miami-London-Eleftherios Venizelos (Athens), and I will be flying a 742, and the new A-321. What should I expect on these flights?
Iainhol From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 1, posted (12 years 9 months 1 week 2 days 2 hours ago) and read 3098 times:
Well there premium economy is a lot like there economy however, they give you a drink before take off (so that is 3 for the whole flight), a news paper, and slightly better meals, but not much.
So all in all it is still pretty crap!
Jaysit From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 2, posted (12 years 9 months 1 week 2 days 2 hours ago) and read 3086 times:
Maybe you had a bad flight on premium economy.
I flew IAD - LHR on their premium economy, and it was very good. Lots of leg room (38-40"), good movies, and the cabin crew came around numerous times offering beverages. I don't know where you come up with 3 drinks for the whole flight, because you can pretty much ask for a drink whenever you like, even in coach.
The food is pretty good on Virgin even in Coach, so premium economy was pretty good too. Finally, the price was right, and the service pretty good.
BostonBeau From United States of America, joined Sep 2000, 462 posts, RR: 0 Reply 4, posted (12 years 9 months 1 week 2 days 2 hours ago) and read 3067 times:
1. Priority check-in at the airport
2. Priority baggage claim on arrival
3. Use of Fast-Trak through immigration
4. pre flight beverages and newspapers
5. additional leg room (38" or so)
8. eight-abreast seating (instead of 10) on the B747
9. priority selection of meal (the meal is the same as economy though, but you get first crack at it)
10. although they may not offer it, they have video players on most aircraft if you dont like the normal movie choices.
11. continual service throughout the flight if you want a drink or snack.
12. Your ticket is fully refundable and changeable without a penalty or fee
VS's Premium Economy is an excellent compromise for the price
Jaysit From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 6, posted (12 years 9 months 1 week 2 days 1 hour ago) and read 3060 times:
I flew them in mid February.
It wasn't super fancy, but the extra legroom and early boarding was a great incentive, and the price was right.
You're not gonna get caviar and back rubs at that price, but you do get a comfortable seat, a less crowded cabin and attentive service.