Mr Spaceman From Canada, joined Mar 2001, 2787 posts, RR: 9
Reply 1, posted (13 years 4 months 3 weeks 5 days 21 hours ago) and read 1468 times:
Hi there. From what I remember seeing on the news, up here in Toronto, they are a "brand new" airline that had their first flight on March 26, 2001. They are an all "Canadian" operation. Aparently, "ROOTS" [the Canadian clothing company], wanted to get into the Airline Industry, and did so with a business partner called "SkyService" [another airline]. On the news, they showed the first flight taxiing to the RWY. The aircraft was an Airbus [I believe an A320-200], with the name "ROOTS" in Large letters behind the cockpit.
They plan on catering to "High End" customers, with extra legroom, better service and so on. I think they are only flying in Canada so far.
CP744 From Canada, joined Jul 2000, 200 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (13 years 4 months 3 weeks 5 days 21 hours ago) and read 1455 times:
Hey... "Spaceman" is correct. SkyService is a charter company that has been operating for several years. Several months ago Roots got involved with them, I believe to take advantage of the perceived available market for a high end "business class" type service between major markets in Canada. I read SkyService has a 80% stake and Roots is assuming the other 20%.
They are using the A320..... and I must say the livery is quite bland. Perhaps a marketing decision due to the nature of business they are looking for. (I've only seen a B/W photo)
Can anyone tell me if SkyService is part of another corporation, I thought I had read or heard that, some time ago.
Another player in the confused Canadian air industry