MasseyBrown From United States of America, joined Dec 2002, 5135 posts, RR: 7 Posted (4 years 9 months 3 weeks 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 2459 times:
UA has filed with the USDOT in opposition to the AF/AZ request for expedited codesharing on CDG-PHL. UA asked the DOT to delay approval until Italy opens Linate to US codesharing. UA cited a number of delays by Italy, with the next action coming at the end of June ... magari.
MasseyBrown From United States of America, joined Dec 2002, 5135 posts, RR: 7
Reply 2, posted (4 years 9 months 3 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 1982 times:
They could interline, of course; but a formal codeshare does require a notice to the DOT, whose approval is almost automatic. And it's only the additional CDG-PHL route that is at issue in this instance.
AF/AZ filed a reply saying that UA's objection is outside of the issues that should be addressed in the case and that they didn't intend to include Linate service in their proposal anyway. (So AF/AZ shouldn't care if Linate is specifically excluded?)