Kiqaboy From Sweden, joined Feb 2006, 171 posts, RR: 1 Posted (5 years 11 months 3 days ago) and read 4951 times:
JAT airplanes don’t fly
Employees of “Jat Tehnika starded today strike and decided to stop technical control of “Jat” airplanes. From 18:00 hour didn’t fly none of the scheduled flights of “Jat Airways” According to the syndicate of employees, strike started because of the debt that “Jat Airways” has for employees of “Jat Tehnika”.
Kiwiandrew From New Zealand, joined Jun 2005, 8764 posts, RR: 13
Reply 2, posted (5 years 11 months 2 days 11 hours ago) and read 4497 times:
It doesn't sound like a strike to me , it sounds as though the maintenance company are refusing to service the planes because JAT has not paid its bills . It seems that JAT Tecnika is still servicing other carriers aircraft .
JoKeR From Serbia, joined Nov 2004, 2274 posts, RR: 8
Reply 3, posted (5 years 11 months 2 days 9 hours ago) and read 4381 times:
Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 2): It doesn't sound like a strike to me , it sounds as though the maintenance company are refusing to service the planes because JAT has not paid its bills . It seems that JAT Tecnika is still servicing other carriers aircraft .
That is correct, work by JAT Tehnika on other clients aircraft is continuing as planned, only JU aircraft are affected.
Babybus From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 4, posted (5 years 11 months 2 days 9 hours ago) and read 4362 times:
Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 2): ... Serbia's troubled national carrier JAT Airways said Wednesday that all its flights have been grounded because its maintenance company has stopped work over unpaid bills.
That is obviously not a very good sign. I didn't realize they were in trouble before. The maintenance company are right to stop work until the airline is in a position to pay its bills.
BEG2IAH From United States of America, joined Apr 2004, 1009 posts, RR: 19
Reply 6, posted (5 years 11 months 2 days 5 hours ago) and read 3910 times:
Just a few facts that popped up in the press and other media these days.
1. Jat Airways is one month late with paying its bills to Jat Technics (which can be considered almost current in Serbia).
2. Some 70% of Jat Technics' revenues originate from servicing Jat Airways' aircraft.
3. Jat Airways Director announced that Jat Airways wants to get its own maintenance crew and not depend on Jat Technics any more. Jat Technics was a part of JAT up until several years ago.
4. Jat Technics' Director asked his workers to be patient with Jat Airways since it's their major customer.
5. After being visited by Boeing last week, Jat Airways has an Airbus delegation (don't quote me on the exact titles since I write from my bad memory: Director of Sales for Eastern Europe and VP of EADS). Jat Airways is thinking about converting that retarded order of 8 A319s into several ATRs.
I hope this gives you some food for thought.
FAA killed the purpose of my old signature: Use of approved electronic devices is now permitted.