Someone83 From Norway, joined Sep 2006, 3160 posts, RR: 3 Posted (4 years 4 months 3 weeks 5 days 22 hours ago) and read 1471 times:
- Third quarter revenue up by 15 % to MNOK 2,271.5 (1,971.9).
- Earnings before depreciation and leasing (EBITDAR) in the third quarter were MNOK 669.5
- Earnings before depreciation (EBITDA) in the third quarter were MNOK 514.7 (228.5).
- Net result after tax in third quarter was MNOK 374.8 (414.4).
- Ancillary revenue pr passenger up 41 % in the third quarter.
- The number of passengers in the third quarter was 3.1 mill (+19%).
- Unit cost was 0.44 in the third quarter compared to 0.49 in the third quarter last year. Unit
cost excluding fuel was 0.32 in the third quarter compared to 0.30 in the third quarter last
- Delivery of the first of 42 Boeing 737-800 HGW
OyKIE From Norway, joined Jan 2006, 2670 posts, RR: 4
Reply 2, posted (4 years 4 months 3 weeks 4 days 22 hours ago) and read 1296 times:
Sorry Someone83. It was not my intention to start a double thread, but I searched for 737 orders only. Not for Norwegian. My bad.
Anyway. It is nice to see Norwegian doing so well! It seems like they are unstopable. I know their costs are lower than Air Berlin and not far from Ryanair. Does anyone want to speculate what their next international base? With their current success it seems inevitable that they at some point will open up a new base one year from now. Unless they launch their intercontinental network within a year.
On to the thread, it seems like Norwegian has a very good organization, and it seems like the 737-800 has a uniqe CASM in the narrowbody segment.
From the press release I found their quoted CO2 emissions reduction interesting.
They say their new 737-800 will have 3.5 - 4% less CO2 emission. What do they compare that to? It cannot be the 737-300, and cannot be compared to the 737-800? Or can it? I believed the improvement in that Boeing is targeting is more in the 2% range.
[quote]The new 737s will feature advanced-technology Blended Winglets, an environmental innovation that reduces drag, resulting in less fuel consumption and a decrease in carbon emissions of 3.5 to 4 percent. [quote] Interestingly
ATWonline says they have oredered 12 737-800. Not sure how they are counting.