PH-BFA From Netherlands, joined Apr 2002, 562 posts, RR: 1 Posted (4 years 7 months 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 7019 times:
I opened this thread in order to follow and discuss the developments regarding the Rekkof NG project. If you have news or updates regarding this project please post it in this thread so we have one combined thread with all the info.
So what have we got so far:
- Euro 20 million loan has been approved by EC
- Identity of the new powerplant will be revealed in 'early 2011' once contract negotiation are complete (which were delayed as they had to wait for the approval of the 20m loan by EC)
- “Talks with investors and suppliers were subject to approval from Brussels,” says NG. “We expect to finalize these talks around the first quarter of 2011, allowing us to formally launch the program.”
- The Dutch Civil Aircraft Development Credit will contribute to the $120 million, Phase 1 investment needed to upgrade the prototype F100 airframe as a proof-of-concept demonstrator with new engines and avionics, extra fuel and winglets
- NG Aircraft, which has succeeded the Rekkof Aircraft venture, claims “substantial interest” among several airlines that have received presentations. Use of the Fokker 100’s “unique lightweight structure” as the basic platform plus the engineering changes will result in “lasting superior economic and environmental performance,” according to NG Aircraft. “Fuel consumption and CO2 emission will be 18-percent lower [than that of] its direct competitor. The noise pressure will be 70-percent lower.” NG
Please note: For those who only want to post messages such as 'it will never happen', 'here we go again, Fokker revival part 8', 'the never ending fokker saga' etc, please create your own thread and feel free to post whatever you like
frigatebird From Netherlands, joined Jun 2008, 1777 posts, RR: 1
Reply 1, posted (4 years 7 months 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 6886 times:
Quoting PH-BFA (Thread starter): “Fuel consumption and CO2 emission will be 18-percent lower [than that of] its direct competitor. The noise pressure will be 70-percent lower.”
The big question will of course which engine they will come up with. If it's P&W's GTF, I really think they could have a shot... Although that engine is apparently going to quite bit heavier than the RR Tay. Or is RR able pull some kind of rabbit out of their hat? I'm not sure the current BR715 will cut the mustard...
ATW online says the 110 seater will be the first one to launched (F100). Next the 85 seater (F70). Guess that was to expected, the demand for the 110 seater is greater. But a 130 seat version is planned next, and that takes me by surprise. It will go head to head with not only the CS300, but also the A319NEO. Airbus will not like that...