Sponsor Message:
Civil Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Most Efficient Repaint Of Whole Fleet  
User currently offlineTFFIP From United States of America, joined Nov 2008, 203 posts, RR: 0
Posted (3 years 5 months 2 weeks 4 days 16 hours ago) and read 2649 times:

Who has been the most efficient/systematic about applying a new livery to a large fleet?
I always seem to think AC was a swift transition?

6 replies: All unread, jump to last
 
User currently offlineDl767captain From United States of America, joined Mar 2007, 2539 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (3 years 5 months 2 weeks 4 days 15 hours ago) and read 2443 times:

AC was fast, in recent memory DL moved very quickly with this current livery especially after the merger.

User currently offlineADent From United States of America, joined Dec 2006, 1356 posts, RR: 2
Reply 2, posted (3 years 5 months 2 weeks 4 days 14 hours ago) and read 2127 times:

I think UA if you mean not wasteful.

They only painted 60% of the fleet in 6.5 years. That means the other 40% will skip a whole paint job. Can't get much more efficient than not wasting paint/spending money on almost half of the fleet.

If you mean efficient as speedy, then UA doesn't qualify.


User currently offlineFRAspotter From United States of America, joined May 2004, 2340 posts, RR: 9
Reply 3, posted (3 years 5 months 2 weeks 4 days 13 hours ago) and read 2054 times:

JL comes to mind... I couldn't believe how quickly their Crane scheme became a thing of the past...


"Drunks run stop signs. Stoners wait for them to turn green."
User currently offlineUnited787 From United States of America, joined May 2005, 2680 posts, RR: 1
Reply 4, posted (3 years 5 months 2 weeks 4 days 13 hours ago) and read 1928 times:

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 3):
JL comes to mind... I couldn't believe how quickly their Crane scheme became a thing of the past...

And will now become a thing of the future...


User currently offlineETinCaribe From Ethiopia, joined Dec 2009, 721 posts, RR: 0
Reply 5, posted (3 years 5 months 2 weeks 4 days 10 hours ago) and read 1660 times:

Quoting United787 (Reply 4):
And will now become a thing of the future...

And thank goodness for that, I love that iconic logo.


User currently offlineatcsundevil From United States of America, joined Mar 2010, 1115 posts, RR: 2
Reply 6, posted (3 years 5 months 2 weeks 3 days 21 hours ago) and read 1229 times:

How about CO back in the 90s when Bethune took over? A day less than one year for the whole fleet IIRC...


If I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you!
Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
VarigLog Returning/grounding Most Of Its Fleet. posted Fri Mar 14 2008 13:29:27 by Embajador3
Most/least Profitable & Efficient Parts Of DL's Op posted Thu Mar 18 2004 14:48:04 by Pe@rson
MEA On This Forum - Most Posts/size Of Fleet? posted Sun Jan 4 2004 10:45:13 by Mozart
Future Of AZ Fleet? posted Fri Jul 23 2010 23:41:29 by TrijetsRMissed
AF New Colorscheme On Each A/c Type Of The Fleet posted Wed Jan 6 2010 11:03:06 by FlySSC
Chicago Tribune's Photo Set Of UA Fleet posted Wed Oct 28 2009 17:58:40 by Yeogeo
11% Of World Fleet Grounded posted Tue Mar 3 2009 07:47:49 by Hardiwv
Repaint Of LH Star Alliance D-ABTH And D-AIHC posted Wed Jan 7 2009 11:15:31 by Sunilgupta
Jat Airways Grounds 1/3 Of Its Fleet posted Wed Sep 17 2008 17:40:02 by Acabgd
Air Canada Mulling Retirement Of A330 Fleet. posted Wed Jun 18 2008 12:25:04 by N43W79