I tried to update the fleet as much as possible.
- UA is taking delivery of 2 738s late in the 1st quarter, 1 739ER in the 2nd quarter, and 1 738 and the 3rd quarter.
- They are selling more 735s. I'm not sure if they are selling planes in the active fleet or not.
- I'm not sure if the 764s are getting the new BusinessFirst seats anymore after this bullet was posted under 2010 accomplishments in the earning press release: "•The airlines continued to reconfigure their international aircraft with new lie-flat seats in first and business class. United has now reconfigured 53 of 91 aircraft (21 767s, eight 777s and 24 747s) in its international widebody fleet. Continental installed new BusinessFirst seats on its Boeing 777 and 757 aircraft, with 56 of 63 international aircraft (22 777s and 34 757s) now complete."
- Smisek said they already have over 200 aircraft painted so we are missing some aircraft.
- If you didn't read the earnings thread, decisions on E+ and F class are going to be made in the next 30-60 days.
- I'm having trouble keeping track of the regional fleet. There are supposed to be 79 CR2s in service by the end of the year but I don't know the breakdown between ASA and OO. RP is removing 7 ERJs from service this year but there are another 13 that are being removed from either AX or XE.
It definitely spoke of "design by committee" mentality, which I suspect was prevalent at the time. Continental's isn't much better, whether they're my favorite carrier or not. BUT- I agree that a unified fleet will be far more... professional looking than the 319's and 752's they've got running around with no titles on the fuselage, orange stripes now hazy pink, etc etc.
kgaiflyer From United States of America, joined Jul 2008, 4009 posts, RR: 1 Reply 17, posted (2 years 10 months 1 week 5 days 5 hours ago) and read 32039 times:
Quoting AA737-823 (Reply 15): I agree that a unified fleet will be far more... professional looking than the 319's and 752's they've got running around with no titles on the fuselage, orange stripes now hazy pink, etc etc.
The sooner the better.
I know that I'm only a 1-K, but I'm willing to throw a ten-spot (or two ) into the effort if it will help.
kgaiflyer From United States of America, joined Jul 2008, 4009 posts, RR: 1 Reply 19, posted (2 years 10 months 1 week 4 days 23 hours ago) and read 31745 times:
Quoting AA737-823 (Reply 18): That said, Jeff would probably find a way to charge me a 'making a contribution' fee.... but then he'd slip me a mickey in the first class drink that he charged me for, and I'd forget everything.
Btw, some CO flights out of IAH are now stocking Jim Beam as well as Jack Daniels.
The Jim Beam I remember from my college days was refined moonshine @100 proof.
Should they ever run low on jet fuel, they can pour those little bottles into the wings.
I think there once was a time when United's old grey "Battleship" livery was pretty sweet. For sure though, it did not age well. The blue and white looked great though. It should have been kept over CO's weak globe thing....
ikramerica From United States of America, joined May 2005, 21310 posts, RR: 60 Reply 24, posted (2 years 10 months 1 week 4 days 21 hours ago) and read 31492 times:
Quoting AA777 (Reply 23): I think there once was a time when United's old grey "Battleship" livery was pretty sweet. For sure though, it did not age well. The blue and white looked great though. It should have been kept over CO's weak globe thing....
I think the blue belly and a blue cheat line, and blue grey cheatline, along with a silver cheat line and then the CO livery on top would have looked great (seen a mockup like this) and been a true hybrid livery, rather than CO's livery with United slapped on.
Further, the interim paintscheme for CO's birds would keep the grey belly instead, and even though you'd have 2 liveries, there really wouldn't be any more customer confusion than with braniff. "ooh, we are flying a blue belly" or "looks like a grey belly"
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.
25 tguman: Has there been a reason given for why the 73G and 762 at CO aren't being painted yet?
26 PhilInBRN: They probably aren't being painted yet due to the high utilization of the planes.
27 piaflyer: have there been any updates in the paint schedule? Piaflyer
28 FriendlySkies: Any updates on what's going on with those A320s? Did they ever make it out of paint?
29 Amwest2united: Yes - Currently 3 are out - N853UA, N419UA, N465UA Released tonight (if on schedule): - N854UA, N457UA Going in tonight (if on schedule): -N852UA, N4
30 piaflyer: Can you tell me where your getting this info? It's a great resource. Cheers, Piaflyer
31 qfatwa: Colgan Air have added N345NG & N3446NG. ADDED : [post 29] - Going in tonight (if on schedule): -N852UA, N459UA New Livery United A319 (3/55) 852-8
32 afbua1k2mm: Has any one seen pictures of these A320's in the new UA colors? The A319 pictures were nice but would like to see each new bird as they come out of t
33 drewboi3881: Tell me about it!! Having worked for them formerly I really want to see it!
34 piaflyer: Interesting that majority of the aircraft being painted into the new CO/UA livery is in the "new blue" UA livery.
35 piaflyer: Hey guys, UA's first 747 N127UA will be going in on Feb 4th for the CO paint scheme. Cheers, Piaflyer
36 pilotfox: Two more Express Jet aircraft to add to the list N27962 N15986