Note - some captions are incorrect (upper class and premium economy seems to be perpetualy confused)
Anyway, these prompted some questions
1) Whats up with those tacky looking head-rest covers? I notice G-VROS doesnt have them in Upper Class, but they appear to be everywhere else. I have never seen them on the VS website before, which has some decent cabin shots? Are these only used on certain routes? Or certain aircraft, or what?
2) G-VROS is a brand-new 747-400 that was taken over from Alitalia, when they cancelled the order to 777s. Are the upper class seats shown the original Alitalia First Class seats, with new covering? They dont look very much like the new Upper Class seats seen in G-VRUM. Is this the same with all 5 VS 747-443s? When will the standard new Upper Class seats be fitted.
3) G-VROS appears to have Premium Economy for the entire length of its upper deck. Are these the Alitalia Business Class seats, recovered? Will the aircraft be reconfigured to the standard VS 744 config, which has Upper Class in the front half of the Upper Deck (that is true, isn't it?). If so, when?
And finally number 4, which isnt a question as much as a request - please keep uploading VS interior pics of the rest of the fleet, they refuse to publish seat maps because they have so many different interior configs; it would be nice to get some pics of these different configs here (it would help those attempting to piece together their own seat maps).
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh
Jetstreamer From United Kingdom, joined Apr 2001, 329 posts, RR: 4
Reply 1, posted (12 years 8 months 2 weeks 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 2302 times:
In answer to your questions:-
1) The "tacky" headrest covers you refer to are the Economy headrest covers. On the MAN-MCO route the Upper Deck is sold as Club Orlando. This is an Economy service with an Upper Class seat. That is why the cabin dressing, including the amenity kits shown in the picture, are Economy class.
2) The Upper Class seats in all five of the new B744s are the seats originally ordered by Alitalia. The new seats should be fitted by late 2001/early 2002.
3) The new B744s are configured with 38 Premium Economy seats which take up the entire length of the Upper Deck. The seats are the original VS W Class seats. There are no plans to reconfigure the a/c to match the LHR based B744s.