KarelXWB From Netherlands, joined Jul 2012, 11691 posts, RR: 33 Posted (1 year 10 months 3 weeks 6 days 6 hours ago) and read 7004 times:
Another milestone in the A320neo family program:
Quote: WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Pratt & Whitney has completed assembly of its first engine to test (FETT) for its PurePower PW1100G-JM engine - the first engine to power the Airbus A320neo aircraft.
- expected first test runs next month
- first test flight on a 747SP testbed in the second quarter of 2013
- a total of 8 test engines over the next 24 months are scheduled
- get the engine certificated in the third quarter of 2014
- first test flight on a A320neo some weeks after the certification
- EIS October 2015
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe.