- Weekly flights increased from 18 to 31 (pax only it looks like since ET has 18 weekly flights already)
- ET allowed to fly to Kano (KAN) - up to 7xweek for pax and 3xweek for cargo
- One Nigerian carrier (TBD) allowed reciprocal rights to fly to ADD and any other international airport in Ethiopia
- ET to train Nigerian aviation professionals (#s and from which career not reported)
Today, ET flies nonstop from ADD to:
- LOS daily on 77L/788
- ABV daily on mostly 77L/788
- ENU 4xweek on 738
If ET takes up the daily flights to KAN, it would have 6 more flights a week remaining. I would think they would have 4xweek to KAN, and add frequency to LOS and perhaps start a nonstop to Port Harcourt (PHC). Any additional service would have to be via ASKY via Lome (LFW).
Nigeria is very important market for ET where great battles loom against the ME3+TK on the Asia flights. In the coming years, I would expect ASKY to also play a role in channeling the Nigeria-Europe and Nigeria-US traffic via LFW. It already has a start with the Nigeria-GIG/GRU.