Rwy31R From Saudi Arabia, joined Aug 2001, 454 posts, RR: 0
Reply 5, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 2 days 6 hours ago) and read 2072 times:
Hey Doc.. this subject was already brought up.. but to tell ya the truth its great fun..
here are what i posted last time...
1- MUST touch a plane's fusulage while boarding (when I am just going to hand my bording pass to the FA).. And yes I admit it.. I have once hugged a 777-200 just before boarding.
2-Get a tad annoyed when the FA tells me which direction to get to my seat.. and I read out my seat number (eg. 33 Alpha) to stress that I know what and where it is and how to get there (as I have studied the plane from past experience and memorizing the time table.
3- go to travel agents and look for timetables, regardless of travelling or not.
4-saden when I buy a ticket that doesnt have the airline's logo just IATA's logo.
5-perferring to have 5 seperate tickets (one for each airline I will use) then having one or two joing them all.
6-surfing airliners.net (best site on the net)!!!!
7-Love the sound and smell of airports that can be scensed as soon as you reach the parking area at the airport.
8-Going at least 1 hour before meeting someone. (and being teased, beatin up or killed when you are dropping one off an hour early so you can enjoy your time at the airport)
9-when Gov. officials arrive, they have these formalities at the Apron which are televised.. you are like "AHHHHH.. get out of the way, show me that 747-SP!!"
10-get really annoyed when one tells me: "yeah I was on one of the big planes.. a jumbo or something" finding out that it was an airbus.
11-get really annoyed when one tells you: "yeah they had these small TV's on the plane but didnt feel like learning or asking how to operate them"
12-Using all your expensive Ink-Jet color cartridges on your printer to print out your airline photoes rather than your family photoes.
13-Get so disaapointed and feel cheated when an airport shop sells no airline goodies.
14-Seeing ground personell walking about the Apron and realizing that it's not you.
15-Wanting to operate the movable gate to the aircreaft, the inflight coffee machine, and play around the small room where the PTV are actually conrolled (eg on the 777)
16-posting your heart and soul about airlines on a WONDERFULLY NUTTY post such as this one.
17-Wearing a full airline pilot uniform for fun (preferbly 4 stripes)
18-Studying airline timetables, IATA airport and airline designators.
19-when spotting, squeezing your head thinking why that airline used that type of aircraft and not the other.
20-Applying for frequent flyer programs to get those snazy airline cards you can put in your wallet.
NZ767 From New Zealand, joined Nov 2001, 1620 posts, RR: 1
Reply 9, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 2 days 5 hours ago) and read 2016 times:
- you shake your head in disbelief when you read COMPLAINTS about airport noise from those that live right near the runway.
- a workmate says his girlfriend is a stewardess for Air New Zealand and that she's just flown off to SAN FRANCISCO...and then you try to be tactful when you tell him.....um...ahh...Air NZ don't fly to San Francisco; never have!!
- the top electronics "expert" at work tells you that a 747-400 has a three crew cockpit because he saw a photo and there were three people sitting there.
And then he doesn't believe you when you try to tell him that, "no! that other guy is just part of the relief crew because of the length of the flight etc.
Even when you show him other pics to prove the point....he still doesn't believe you!! Arghhhhh!!!
- someone says they flew from London to Singapore non stop on a 737...and you just smile and nod to him....because you just wanna keep the peace.
- you're telling your wife/kid/friend all about the 767 on the taxiway and you turn around to see the've fallen asleep.
- it's pouring down with rain and blowing a gale, so you open the car window just to hear the sound of the plane taking off.
- you're a passenger on the flights second approach in a howling gusty crosswind.......you look around the cabin, and you're the only one enjoying it.
Ntcrawler From United States of America, joined Sep 2001, 54 posts, RR: 0
Reply 16, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 2 days 4 hours ago) and read 1970 times:
Here's my confession of "guilt":
You know you're an airliner freak, when you operate your car checklist style, ie "marker lights ON, headlights ON, parking brake, check, engine start, etc" and every time you back out of a parking stall, you treat it and drive it like a pushback, ie back out, turn, go back straight, stop, turn everything else on, and drive.
Hee hee hee, so good to know I'm not alone out there, this is such a great support group
____/' Arek "NtCrawler" Wdowiak `\____________________________________
| firstname.lastname@example.org ,;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;, ,; |
| email@example.com , ,;' ;: ,;;;;;;;;;;, |
| firstname.lastname@example.org :;,;' ;; ;' ,;' |
| ;; ;; ' ,; |
| Altering reality for your ,; ;; ,; ,;' |
| viewing pleasure ;; ;; ;' ,;' |
| ;' :; ,;' ,;' |
| "What if there is no tomorrow? ' ';;'' ,,:'' |
| There wasn't one today?" http://www2.uic.edu/~wdowiak |
WhiskeyNovembr From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 19, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 2 days 3 hours ago) and read 1937 times:
1) Because your Honda Civic's 1.5 liter engine is so underpowered, you are forced to turn off the air conditioning to properly accelerate onto a freeway. When doing so, you announce "Bleeds off".
2) If you guys think it's distracting to spot while DRIVING, imagine doing so while FLYING. For example, forcing yourself to ignore the 777 that ATC advised will pass underneath you momentarily so that you can pay attention to the instruments.
Cba From United States of America, joined Jul 2000, 4531 posts, RR: 3
Reply 23, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 2 days 1 hour ago) and read 1890 times:
When you are told that somebody is flying to, say, LAX from CLE, you run through all the possibilities of carriers and aircraft they could be on.
You know the times, flight numbers, and terminals of all the heavies that serve your airport.
Even though your flight is at 7:00pm, you get to the airport at 3:30pm (at IAH) so you can see the KLM and BA 744's before they leave.
When friends/family arrive at your airport, you give them a complete tour of your airport.
You go out of your way to fly the more interesting aircraft. I once flew IAH-EWR instead of HOU-LGA because I'd get to fly a 757 instead of an MD-80. I also flew HOU-ATL-CVG instead of HOU-CVG nonstop so I could fly a 757 on the ATL-CVG leg.
Get upset when your itenerary changes from IAH-EWR-CDG to IAH-CDG nonstop, because you wanted to fly a 764.
You prefer connections over nonstop flights because you get to visit new airports, and fly more on more planes.
You try to decide how to spend the frequent flyer miles you haven't earned yet. I've already planned out a trip from the mileage I'm getting from my next flight, which isn't for a month!