Mr AirNZ From New Zealand, joined Feb 2002, 867 posts, RR: 1 Posted (12 years 4 months 1 week 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 1775 times:
I heard on the radio that Air New Zealand is going to increase its services to the Northern Hemisphere latter this year. How are the going to cover these extra flights? Will we see more aircraft join the fleet?
JaseWGTN From New Zealand, joined Mar 2000, 823 posts, RR: 1
Reply 1, posted (12 years 4 months 1 week 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 1746 times:
Air NZ To Increase Flights
20/05/2002 02:08 PM -
Air New Zealand has announced increases to its international flight schedules, particularly to Los Angeles and Sydney, along with an increase in aircraft size on some routes.
The changes are effective November this year to April 2003 and coincide with the Northern Hemisphere winter.
Air New Zealand Senior Vice President Sales & Marketing Norm Thompson says the increased frequency and capacity to these destinations was in response to growing demand.
"The de-stabilising events of last year are behind us and Air New Zealand has made some significant changes to our schedules this year, reflecting an increased investment in the international inbound tourism market."
This announcement comes in addition to recent increases introduced for Japan, the additional service announced last week for Fiji and the increase in aircraft size on the Christchurch-Sydney route.
The changes are:
To Asia and Japan:
* Daily services Auckland -Tokyo introduced last month - a 23 % increase
* Six services weekly Auckland-Kansai, up to daily from November
* Re-introduction of regular Japan charter flights from 27 November
* Return to daily services Auckland-Hong Kong
* Daily services Auckland-Singapore plus code share with Singapore Airlines from Christchurch
To North America:
* Auckland-Los Angeles non-stop service to increase from 10 to 14 per week (two flights daily), a 40% increase
* Sydney-Los Angeles to increase from 3 to 5 flights weekly
* A third Auckland-Honolulu flight per week is planned with all three services connecting with an Air Canada code share service to Vancouver
* Auckland-Sydney to increase from 20 to 28 flights per week
* Christchurch-Sydney daily service up-gauged from a Boeing 737 to 767 aircraft - an extra 86 seats per day.
Laserjet From New Zealand, joined Apr 2000, 193 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (12 years 4 months 1 week 1 day 13 hours ago) and read 1716 times:
It's all great news. It good to see Air New Zealand re-building itself after almost being written off at the end of last year. If they need more aircraft they should be able to lease more at very favourable rates.