Sabena 690 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 2 days 15 hours ago) and read 1477 times:
Here are some things about Brussels.
1) DL will downgrade it's MD11 service from Atlanta to Brussels soon back to a B767-300. Is this such a low yield route for DL? Why do they downgrade the MD11 only a few weeks after the first flight back to a B763?
2) DL will schedule it's BRU-JFK from the morning departure in Brussels to an evening departure. Has this something to do with the VG Airlines flight that departs at 11.30h?
3) I heard rumours that Air Canada will come back to Brussels. They should start in November with daily flights to Brussels, aircraft should be a B767-200. Who knows more?
4) Is there already known more when Syrian Arab Airlines will do it's first flight? They announced the flight some time ago, it was already visible in the reservation systems.
5) Air Transat will start an A310 service to Brussels soon. This flight will end at the end of October.
6) Does someone of you know if other companies are intended to start new flights to Brussels?
7) As earlier announced that CO would ugrade it's B762 on the BRU-EWR route to B764, they stay flying the B762 (except some exceptions, like tomorrow it will be the B764). Are they going to upgrade it or not?
8) Is there already known more about the American and Asian partner of SNBA?
9) Is there already known more about the Los Angeles - Brussels - Yerevan flight of VG Airlines? By the way, Freddy Van Gaever told today that only 150 tickets are already sold!!!! This means huge loss making flights every day to NYC, and soon loss making flights to Boston. How long will this take...
10) Is there already known more about Sobelair?
11) When will the Air Hongkong B742F freighter services to Brussels be replaced by Cathay Pacific B742F freighter services?
12) Still no more info on the possible Eva Air flight to Brussels?
Some questions to keep you all working
Best regards, and thanks for the replies,
Manni From South Korea, joined Nov 2001, 4221 posts, RR: 23 Reply 1, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 2 days 15 hours ago) and read 1433 times:
DL does not have a morning departure to BRU anymore. The flights leave since april in the afternoon, 1.15PM exactely. I dont know everything about a evening departure, could you tell me were you got this information from? DL is indeed going to downgrade the MD11 from the 1st of july. The reason is simple, the loads are not sufficient enough to fill a MD11 but will fill up a 767-300 everyday.
Manni From South Korea, joined Nov 2001, 4221 posts, RR: 23 Reply 3, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 2 days 15 hours ago) and read 1405 times:
So you news is that the schedule has been changed from a morning to an afternoon departure or from an afternoon departure to an evening departure? Because a morning to an evening departure is not possible, as there is no morning flight to JFK from DL. Unless you mean the ATL flight instead of the JFK flight offcourse. Could you please clarify this.
Manni From South Korea, joined Nov 2001, 4221 posts, RR: 23 Reply 6, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 1371 times:
According to the site you mentioned (Air DD) there is no change in schedule for the JFK flight in BRU. It does leave JFK later and arrives later in BRU but that does not affect the departure time of flight 141. The airplane has still about 4 hours ground time when it will come in at the new scheduled arrival time of 9.25AM.
Apuneger From Belgium, joined Sep 2000, 3030 posts, RR: 12 Reply 7, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 1361 times:
About the SLR thing: I heard on 'Kanaal Z' that the SLR mgmt is discussing at this moment (again) with Aldo Vastapane. Pretty strange, if you bear in mind that the SLR employees rejected his offer a couple of weeks ago.
Tony Gram is still trying to buy SLR, but he admitted that, if things don't work out, SLR according to him, just might go bankrupt.
They also said on 'Kanaal Z' that SLR, or at least the administrator Van Buggenhout, will decide on June 3rd who will take over SLR.
Sabena 690 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 10, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 1 day 16 hours ago) and read 1226 times:
x Sorry, I have to come back to the schedule of the DL flight to NY.
I got new information, and it is indeed like you said Manni. The departs later in JFK, but this does not change the departure hour of the aircraft in BRU back to JFK. Sorry for this!
x Cameroon Airlines leaves Brussels!! They will bring their Belgian operations to CDG.
x About Syrian Airlines: their schedule has been changed. The flight lands on Sunday at 07.15am and leaves Brussels back to DAM at 08.15am.
Established02 From Belgium, joined Jan 2002, 536 posts, RR: 2 Reply 11, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 1197 times:
Regarding traffic at BRU:
Both today and yesterday I noticed a DC8-60 (=> noise + smoke!!!) on take-off at around 21:30. It was hard to identify the airline, considering the height and distance of the plane. However, I believe that it was a DC8 of MK Airlines.
Can someone comment on the nature of these two (or more?) flights?
Now I hope that someone will confirm my wishful thinking that this could be a new scheduled cargo flight between BRU and a distant African destination? I believe MK Airlines already flies to LUX / AMS / OST?
A330DAT From Belgium, joined Nov 2001, 469 posts, RR: 2 Reply 16, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 20 hours ago) and read 1099 times:
For info: There is a third 737-400 in full Virgin Blue colors in Brussels (OO-VEP).
About Air Canada: AC had considered coming to Brussels (Toronto-Montreal-Brussels) but has shelved those plans for the moment. The move would be more to protect AC's interests, keeping competitors away from the Montreal market which would otherwise be a threat to them. If they would come, it would certainly not be before summer 2003.
Established02 From Belgium, joined Jan 2002, 536 posts, RR: 2 Reply 18, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 14 hours ago) and read 1048 times:
> There is a third 737-400 in full Virgin Blue colors in Brussels (OO-VEP).
During the last few months VEX has received 3 of these Virgin Blue aircraft. Is/was there a shortage of planes in the VEX fleet in view of further expansion or are these Virgin Blue aircraft replacing other planes? I believe VEX did not open new scheduled destinations during the last few months, however they have started to operate a considerable amount of charter flights.
> The first B747-200 of Air Gabon landed an hour ago at Brussels.
Wow! I thought GN was previously flying only the B762 to Brussels!
Is this an occasional visit or can we expect to see the 747 at BRU again?
What is the routing of this GN flight?
A330DAT From Belgium, joined Nov 2001, 469 posts, RR: 2 Reply 19, posted (11 years 6 months 3 weeks 13 hours ago) and read 1043 times:
Established02 - The Virgin aircraft are returning with Virgin Express after Virgin Blue received their Next Generation 737 aircraft and the extra capacity is indeed useful for the extra charter flights that will be put in for the summer season.
There are now 2 Air Gabon aircraft in Brussels! (Don't forget the 767 in the Sabena Technics hangar 41).