Sponsor Message:
Civil Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
What Is This Part?  
User currently offlineFLYT From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Posted (16 years 3 months 1 week 1 day 12 hours ago) and read 1314 times:

Hello folks,

Is there anybody that can tell me what the name of the part is on the 737-300 series aircraft, at the wing tip that looks like a miniture winglet? It sits just on the outside of the aileron? It is like a longated triangle. Also, what is the purpose of it? And one last question (for now), what is those longated vanes on the nose dome called, and their purpose?

Thanks in advance to all who respond!


1 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineVC-10 From United Kingdom, joined Oct 1999, 3727 posts, RR: 32
Reply 1, posted (16 years 3 months 1 week 1 day 12 hours ago) and read 1290 times:
Support Airliners.net - become a First Class Member!

The nacelle strakes are aerodynamic aids for when the slats are out, I believe they excite the boundary layer. On the A340 if one is missing the approach speed has to be increased by 5 Kts. The Dc-10 also has them fitted.

Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
What Is This Plane Doing At Bos? posted Mon Dec 17 2001 21:28:52 by Ren41
What Is This? posted Sun Dec 2 2001 08:49:00 by Tsully
What Is This? (a Bit Of Fun) posted Sat Nov 24 2001 10:14:27 by Andyhunt
What Is This? posted Mon Nov 12 2001 10:44:01 by Thom@s
What Is This? posted Sat Nov 3 2001 21:06:39 by LY772
What Is This Plane? posted Sun Oct 14 2001 08:19:28 by Gsoflyer
What Is This Spearair? posted Thu Sep 20 2001 17:49:10 by Montenegro
What Is This Plane In The Background? posted Fri Aug 31 2001 15:53:27 by Fjnovak1
What Is This I Hear About Southwest And Cos? posted Tue Aug 21 2001 01:35:45 by BA
What Is This AA Beetle All About posted Thu Aug 9 2001 07:41:17 by Tupolev154B2