Setjet From US Minor Outlying Islands, joined Mar 2002, 1152 posts, RR: 0 Posted (13 years 3 months 1 week 22 hours ago) and read 6669 times:
I am looking for any information on the Pan Am shuttle that ran between JFK Airport and the former Pan Am Tower on Park Avenue.
- Was it really a complimentary service for First and Business Class?
- How much was a ticket for other passengers?
- Does anybody know about the timetable of that service?
- What helicopters did they use and why and when was the service stopped?
- Where did the helicopters take off at JFK?
- Are there any pictures available?
Bluemeatball From United States of America, joined Oct 1999, 183 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (13 years 3 months 1 week 21 hours ago) and read 6613 times:
Even before the S-61s were used as pictured above, Boeing V-107s were used. I had the privilege of flying on one between JFK and EWR. There was room for about 17 passengers and 1 flight attendent. For part of the time PAs terminal at JFK was used and for a while they departed from TWAs terminal.