Ryefly From United States of America, joined Jun 2000, 1396 posts, RR: 0 Posted (12 years 3 months 2 weeks 4 days 10 hours ago) and read 2777 times:
For your reading pleasure...
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation monthly Air Travel Consumer Report, the top 5 best airports in the United States for ontime perfomance dated from July 2001 to June 2002 are...
1. Phoenix Sky Harbor Int. Airport (PHX) 84.3% of flights ontime
2. Charlotte Douglas Int. Airport (CLT) 84.3% of flights ontime
3. Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) 83.9% of flights ontime
4. Dallas-Ft. Worth Int. Airport (DFW) 83.8% of flights ontime
5. Minneapolis St. Paul Int. Airport (MSP) 83.5% of flights ontime
The Top 5 worst airports in the United States for ontime performance dated from July 2001 to June 2002 are...
1. San Francisco Int. Airport (SFO) 74.9% of flights ontime
2. Seattle Tacoma Int. Airport (SEA) 75.3% of flights ontime
3. Philadelphia Int. Airport (PHL) 76% of flights ontime
4. Chicago O'Hare Int. Airport (ORD) 77.4% of flights ontime
5. New York JFK Int. Airport (JFK) 77.5% of flights ontime
Attached is articles from USA Today that talks about these latest statistics.
Spark From United States of America, joined Mar 2002, 431 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (12 years 3 months 2 weeks 3 days 12 hours ago) and read 2675 times:
Talk about a narrow range.
Phoenix and SFO are only 10% apart, which is maybe a difference of 1 flight per day. In other words, you stand about an 80% chance of having your flight land on time, regardless of where you fly.
BlatantEcho From United States of America, joined Sep 2000, 1939 posts, RR: 1
Reply 2, posted (12 years 3 months 2 weeks 3 days 9 hours ago) and read 2635 times:
I don't understand what you mean.....
10% range means 10% more of all the flights will be delayed. SFO moves I think 40/hour @ peak. 40*10% = 4. That is 4 planes MORE an hour that will be delayed.
Times 24 hours = 96 more delays PER DAY. So round down to 65 or so as they are not always @ peak levels.
65 more flights A DAY will go out of SFO late comapred to Phoneix. That is quite a huge difference if you ask me. Sixty Five planes full of ~150 people = almost 10,000 people more delayed EVERY DAY than PHX.......
Someday those poor kids @ SFO will get new runways, until then...............
Redngold From United States of America, joined Mar 2000, 6907 posts, RR: 43
Reply 6, posted (12 years 3 months 2 weeks 2 days 16 hours ago) and read 2588 times:
Looks to me like those WN flights are all at the end of a hoppity-hop journey from somewhere else, and they are also probably scheduled at the end of the day... thus no replacement aircraft is available.