747-600X From United States of America, joined Jan 2000, 2820 posts, RR: 13 Posted (15 years 7 months 1 day 18 hours ago) and read 1370 times:
Answer by number - take your pick unless you know them all! THANKS IN ADVANCE!
1) What happened to the 737-100?
Why did a 6 foot change to the -200 make such a difference?
What was the -200's big advantage?
2) Why did the 757 start the no-100 era?
Why were 757s, 767s, and 777s, all produced starting with -200?
3) How long (serious, backed estimates, please) will the 747-100 be in service with airlines?
4) With current orders standing (none cancelled, no new ones placed) when will the last 747 roll off the line?
5) Given that they are now out of production aside from the Next Generations, what was the grand total of 737s (series -100 through -500) produced in the Original and Classic eras?
6) How many 767-200s are still on order; undelivered?7) What airlines have ordered the 767-400ER (latest news - if there is any).
8) How many 727-100s were produced?
How many are still in use?;
9) How much space did the straight stair case on the 747-300 really save over the -200?
10) What does a 6 or 8 foot tall strip of metal at the end of a wing do to increase performance (winglet)?
11) Is there a website where I can find fleet status as suggested herein (number of ships, registries, service/histories)?
12) Why was the L-1011 started as the single digit -1, then the double digit -50, then the triple digit mod.s -250, -500, etc.?
12a) Somewhat disconnected but still worth asking: Does anyone know where I can find L-1011-500s for FS98?;
747s worth the download time?
Bruce From United States of America, joined May 1999, 5089 posts, RR: 14
Reply 2, posted (15 years 7 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 1284 times:
Let me guess.....you are brushing up on your airliner knowledge in case you get called to be on "Who wants To Be A Millionaire" and the $500,000 question is something like.....
Which of the following is NOT a jetliner:
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens
Hamlet69 From United States of America, joined Mar 2000, 2789 posts, RR: 58
Reply 4, posted (15 years 7 months 1 day 16 hours ago) and read 1282 times:
Here's at least one answer for you:
There are currently 10 unfulfilled orders for the 767-200ER, all Continental. The first one will be delivered in October.
Continental also has 26 -400ERs on order, Delta has 21, GE Capital has 1, and Kenya Airways just ordered 3 at the beginning of the month. Hope this helps a little.
10. The winglets were supposed to help increase range by making the a/c like the 747-400 more stable, increasing the fuel efficiency, but they haven't made much difference - the difference is only apparent over extremely long routes like from LHR to HKG. Boeing found the straked wingtips(they are not true winglets) to be more benficial, so they put them on the 767-400 and the 777X.
11. and 12. I wish I knew, but I'm no Albert Einstein!