L-188 From United States of America, joined Jul 1999, 29836 posts, RR: 58
Reply 1, posted (12 years 11 months 5 days 4 hours ago) and read 2186 times:
1. Shoot....I haven't read his book!!!!
2. Crap....Bomber Harris, Air Marshal Dowding...I don't know who the answered to.
4. The world War Two ground attack aircraft
7. Soviet Attack helicopter
8. Britain and Israel
9. Supermarine Seafire
10. ARRG!!! HMS. HERMES? I can picture the ship in my head. Falklands veteran
12. Supersonic flight without afterburner...F22
14. It's combat arm was forsaken by it's government(Disbanded)
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.
GDB From United Kingdom, joined May 2001, 13253 posts, RR: 77
Reply 5, posted (12 years 11 months 4 days 22 hours ago) and read 2138 times:
4. Hawker WW2 fighter, mostly used for ground attack due poor high altitude performance.
5. Probably the Jaguar.
7. Russian attack chopper.
8. UK, Saudi.
10. HMS Hermes.
11. Thailand - they've got a very small carrier for helicopters, and some ex-Spanish AV-8A Harriers, which are, and never have been, operational.
12. Supersonic without afterburner e.g. BAC Lightning, F-22 Raptor.
13. USS Enterprise is a huge nuclear conventional carrier, 70-80 aircraft. HMS Invincible was orginally a ASW helicopter carrier modified with ski-jump and an airgroup of RN and RAF Harriers. Now has up to 24 aircraft, including 15 Harriers.
14. Lost all their fast jets last year.
15. Mig-25 could do Mach 2.8, SR-71 can do Mach 3 easily.
USAFHummer From United States of America, joined May 2000, 10685 posts, RR: 52
Reply 13, posted (12 years 10 months 3 weeks 6 days 14 hours ago) and read 2036 times:
I did not peek:
1. Dont know
2. Dont know
3. KC-130 Hercules
4. Some WWII fighter I think
5. Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer ??????
6. A-6 Intruder
7. Russian attack helicopter made by Kamov, designation Ka-50 I think
8. Israel, Great Britain
9. Dont know
10. It was a British aircraft carrier, I dont know the name
11. Dont know
12. Cruise speed of the aircraft is in excess of Mach 1...and done without afterburners, F-22 has this
13. Invincible much smaller, not a nuclear carrier, no arresting gear or catapult gear, enterprise doesnt have a ski jump
14. It lost its fleet of A-4's
15. Mig-25 and SR-71 and Mig-31
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru