DesertJets From United States of America, joined Feb 2000, 7824 posts, RR: 15
Reply 1, posted (9 years 1 month 1 week 23 hours ago) and read 6121 times:
If it was a weekday you could take the MARC Penn Line from the BWI rail station into Washington Union Station. However that train does not run on weekends. Best alternate for speed and time would be Amtrak from BWI to Washington Union. $11.00 each way if you are on a regional service train. Service looks like it is pretty much hourly. Though some of those frequencies are on Acela Express and it more expensive, $33.00.
Taxi and Super Shuttle would all be more expensive. Metrobus may also be an option but will take longer.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia
N200WN From United States of America, joined Feb 2005, 786 posts, RR: 6
Reply 6, posted (9 years 1 month 1 week 12 hours ago) and read 6078 times:
I agree with those that recommend Amtrak from BWI. It's quick and easy and you can buy your ticket online and print it at the BWI station kiosk. I made from gate push back in SAT to Union Station in DC in under five hours:
- SAT-BWI nonstop (early arrival at BWI).
- No bags to claim...I went straight to the lower baggage level and within minutes boarded the BWI Rail Station bus.
- Printed my Amtrak ticket from the kiosk and the train (Amtrak Regional)arrived in about 15 min.
- An approx. 25 min. train ride into DC. (Union Station is awsome - check out the lower level food court)
- From there you can catch the Metro or start walking (the Capital is just down the street).
- SATX is right...the Amtrak Acela is not worth the extra money for such a short trip.