IFEMaster From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (8 years 11 months 2 weeks 13 hours ago) and read 910 times:
He's big, he's red, his feet stick out the bed.
Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch.
The boy just doesn't get enough credit. Certainly there have been some glaring misses of late, and he runs like a gangly pterodactyl, but his over-all performance positives totally outweight the bad moments he's had.
1. His ball-holding and lay-off skills are potentially the best in the England squad. He has a subtle touch and perfect placement, as seen for many of his performances for Liverpool this season. He communicated well with his midfield on the pitch, and reads plays well, getting in to space and making a nuisance of himself to defenders.
2. He can score some excellent goals, his one against Trinidad & Tobago being an excellent example. He rifled in some great goals for Liverpool with his feet, and for England he has looked strong and on target more often than not.
3. His passion for England was all over his face yesterday when he scored. It was reminiscent of the 'Psycho Scream' from Stuart Pearce back in Euro '96.
4. He's a nice guy. I've never seen him fight or get involved with fisticuffs on the pitch. He never argues with a ref beyond stating his case. He doesn't dive and is devoid of 'gamesmanship'.
5. He can laugh at himself, as displayed but his robot dance.