Aerotik From United States of America, joined Jun 2006, 58 posts, RR: 0 Reply 16, posted (7 years 4 months 2 weeks 4 days 21 hours ago) and read 1447 times:
Some nuts I dig:
1) Sylvia Plath (for her insanely inspired poetry)
2) Zelda Fitzgerald (for exasperating F. Scott)
3) Diane Airbus (oops Arbus, for her potent b & w pics)
4) Wilhelm Reich (for the Orgone Box and Cloud Busting)
5) Woody Allen (for shacking up with Soon Yi)
and, the more edible kind:
1) How could we forget the ALMOND! (Amygdala in Greek; brain food of the Gods) I'll take them roasted to eat out of hand, milked for shakes and on cereal, slivered on veggies and salad and studded in baked goods like "biscotti". What would Marzipan and frangipane be without 'em?
2) The curvaceous, creamy cashew (roasted if you please)
3) The Spanish peanut (with it's red skin a-peeling like a 3rd degree sunburn)
"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE." - HAL 9000
Sylvia Plath certainly makes sense, but I'd be a bit hesitant to eat her after 42 years. Probably tastes a bit dusty by now. Same for Zelda, but she's a whack-job, so she may actually be a bit more fresh. Still, a bit dicey...
As for the Spanish peanut...good Lord. Let's confine this discussion to sane topics, not two-bit skank-whore nuts relegated to the dregs of us all. No offense to the Spanish amongst us, but peanuts are just plain bourgeoise, No?