Malmoaviation From Sweden, joined Nov 2005, 385 posts, RR: 4 Posted (8 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 13 hours ago) and read 5060 times:
Hello, or Goodnight for the european peoples.
This might be a weird idea, but I have a lot of funny ideas. I've wanted to be a dictator, or just simply rule my country by myself a long time now. Or maybe just some months.. If I would rule Sweden by my own, I would (probably) make Sweden to a better country, or, just simply better than today. Is there anyone who share this kind of thoughts? Do you just slam your forehead sometimes and just think "D*mn politicians! I can make that 100 times better!" What would you do for YOUR country if you would have the change to rule YOUR country for maybe one year from tomorrow.
This might be a funny thread.
And I support democracy, whatever I say in this thread about my "leadership".
JGPH1A From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (8 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 13 hours ago) and read 5042 times:
I'm pretty sure I'd make an excellent dictator !
1. Windfall taxes all round - oil companies, investment banks, any entity with more than 100 million euros per year profit, that's it - hand it over.
2. Renationalise all electricity, water, post and telecoms - these are necessities and should not be in private profiteering hands. Money from windfall taxation to pay for infrastructure upgrades.
3. Renationalise railways and ATC for similar reasons. Forcibly merge all European ATC into 3 or 4 main control centres - national airspace is a waste of time (and trust me, none of the control centres would be in France !).
4. Guaranteed free (ie. no cost to the student or their family) tertiary education for 4 years for anyone who wants it. 7 years for medical etc, but NO FREE EDUCATION for lawyers. And anyone who wants to wank about afterwards with doctorates till they're 35, can pay for it themselves.
5 Dissolve parliament - a random lottery will nominate citizens as People's Deputies to serve for 6 months in a People's Advisory council. It will have no decision making powers, but will serve to advise the Supreme Oh Most Wonderful One as to the wishes of the general populace.
6. Compulsory civilian service for all 18-20 years olds, for a year, doing work of national and community benefit. Paid, just not very well. And NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. Absolute guaranteed equality of treatment regardless of age (except Andy), gender, religion or sexual preference (except sicko kiddie-pervs, who will be locked up for the remainder of their natural lives).
8. Absolute freedom of AND FROM religion. Religion will be a private matter, and will in NO WAY impact public policy or the application of the law. NO religious education in school, no public display or endorsement of religion of any kind. Oaths will be replaced by affirmations.
9. Peace, love and karmic transcendence. And Friday's is Free Donut Day.
Wrighbrothers From United Kingdom, joined Jul 2005, 1875 posts, RR: 8
Reply 5, posted (8 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 12 hours ago) and read 5003 times:
If I were dictator or Britain, I'd:
1) Re-introduce the death penalty for the worst of crimes and anyone involved in anything to do with child pornography, child molesting etc.
2) Make our criminal justice system tougher on the criminals, currently, it really is a joke.
3) Re-introduce national service.
4) Make the U.K a whole single nation.
5) Make the National Health Service , water companies , banks, British oil companies and the transport system completely government owned, all profits would go into a trust, which would then be spent on whatever needs spending on.
6) Give regional governments a larger say in what happens in their areas.
7) Arm all police officers.
8) Increase criminal punishment and lower the standards they live in while in prison, I'd re-introduce solitary confinement and make all cells bare and basic, oh, and only give them treatment by Junior/trainee medical staff, after all, they are in there to be punished, it'd make criminals fear prison.
9) Ban non-informative newspapers, like the sun, perhaps that would help increase the number of brain cells the youth seem to have.
10) Slap huge taxes on 4X4 drivers, since almost none of them use them off road.
11) Introduce a scheme which would mean that every house-hold and place of business must have either a solar panel or wind turbine.
12) Ban ALL radical/extremist gatherings, not just of musilms or of terrorists, but of all faiths, nationalities, races etc.
13) Ban the flying of anything to do with war time Germany
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..
Well, the problem is that "giant" turns out to be life-size.
Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9): No outrageous populist measures to ensure everlasting divinity ?
I started out so inclined. I'm lately come to believe that Imelda Marcos did a great service to her people. We need leaders with lots of shoes.
Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9): What's the point of being a dictator if you can't oppress the odd mass or two ?
Oppression of the masses is the role of my keen insight, coruscating wit and Spockian logic on this forum. From time to time a mass or two will skulk off to a nearby website and commiserate about me. Being a magnanimous despot I let them live.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.
Cfalk From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 15, posted (8 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 10 hours ago) and read 4909 times:
Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 2): 1. Windfall taxes all round - oil companies, investment banks, any entity with more than 100 million euros per year profit, that's it - hand it over.
Which means that any company with equity of more than around 1 billion Euros would become non-viable (as nobody would invest in them). That means companies like Airbus, Renault, Mercedes, Alstom, Fiat all shut down. Helloooo, unemployment!
Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 2): 2. Renationalise all electricity, water, post and telecoms - these are necessities and should not be in private profiteering hands. Money from windfall taxation to pay for infrastructure upgrades.
a few years ago, before Swisscom lost its government monopoly on telecomunications in Switzerland, calls to the US cost about 1 franc per minute. As soon as competition stepped in, it went down to around 0.10 francs per minute, where it still is today, and they are still making plenty of money. Government monopolies are just as bad as private monopolies.
Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 2): 6. Compulsory civilian service for all 18-20 years olds, for a year, doing work of national and community benefit. Paid, just not very well. And NO EXCEPTIONS.
Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 2): 8. Absolute freedom of AND FROM religion. Religion will be a private matter, and will in NO WAY impact public policy or the application of the law. NO religious education in school, no public display or endorsement of religion of any kind. Oaths will be replaced by affirmations.
Agreed, but you should allow privately funded religious displays, like a christmas creche in a shopping mall. Banning privately funded displays would be religious repression or persecution, and you don't want that (or do you?).
Nighthawk From UK - Scotland, joined Sep 2001, 5247 posts, RR: 31
Reply 16, posted (8 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 10 hours ago) and read 4909 times:
mm, if I became dictator of Scotland, the first thing I would do is build up a sizeable army, then once I had a decent army, invade england.
I would then rule england from Edinburgh, strip it of its national identity and push scotland to all the companies and tourists wishing to visit/invest, rather than "britain" as a whole. I would ban the english from flying their flag on their public buildings, instead insisting the Scottish flag is flown. I would persuade Johan to remove the english flag on a.net and make all members use the Scottish flag instead. Passports would be changed to show nationality as "Scottish".
Then I would sit back and laugh at all the english moaning at the situation, and shout to them: "now you know how us bloody scots have felt for the last god knows how many years!!!!"
Carmenlu15 From Guatemala, joined Dec 2004, 4763 posts, RR: 28
Reply 18, posted (8 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 10 hours ago) and read 4891 times:
Meh... we had our fair share of dictatorships during the last century, dunno if it would be a good idea...
But if I were a dictator, first thing would be round up all the corrupt government officers (both current and former) and send 'em to jail. Force them to work cleaning the streets, picking up trash, or whatever labor is needed, until they repay the money they have stolen.
Actually this could get interesting... I'll get back with some more ideas.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.
GAIsweetGAI From Norway, joined Jul 2006, 935 posts, RR: 6
Reply 24, posted (8 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 8 hours ago) and read 4834 times:
1. Get a few good-looking women in my bed (including some stars )
2. Get rid of the Constitution
3. Get some money so I can get a patent for my PAV
4. Put this PAV into production
5. Ban all cars (actually, ban everything that rolls on tires, except for air-going things)
6. get rid of prisons
7. get rid of money- create a communist-like economy (no one owns anything, but everyone can use everything)
8. kill anyone who has an IQ lower than 100
9. Create a new constitution
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
: Both USA or California rule,as noted Raise the speed limit,fast lane, to 80 Loser pay on lawsuits Have two home base airlines,one line and one short
: - Eliminate the income tax for anyone making $60000 or less, pay a flat rate above that - Eliminate pork barrel spending (which is about 97% of it) -
: 1) Sell the North Island except for Taranaki (which would be gracefully saved for its oil and gas) to the highest bidder. Proceeding the sales Benefic
: you can't censor All Black World Cup losses
: I would invest in infrastructure. Forget the statues of myself. Tax the wealthy more and weed out the whingers.