When you have your reservations in hand, stick a note in here and we can add that next to your name (as above).
Perhaps we should all plan to gather at O'Sheas again, about 7pm or so on Friday night, like we did last year. Easy to find, a lot of us already know where it is, right next to Flamingo, and that seemed to work well last year.
Ilikeyyc From United States of America, joined Dec 2003, 1373 posts, RR: 19
Reply 1, posted (8 years 3 months 1 week 1 day 4 hours ago) and read 2581 times:
Ahem, I have an announcemnt to make.... I will be able to attend this Las Vegas meet!
The only limiting factor will be money, so I won't be staying at any fancy hotels. Plus, I'll probably buy a ticket instead of non-reving since everybody who flies to Vegas arrives on a Friday and leaves on a Sunday.
Goldenshield From United States of America, joined Jan 2001, 6127 posts, RR: 14
Reply 4, posted (8 years 3 months 1 week 1 day 4 hours ago) and read 2564 times:
Make it me + 1. My friend is mainly there for the Nascar thing (and I wouldn't miss it, either,) but also doesn't mind debauchery, and will be attending dinner—wherever that will be. This is the same friend I had with me last year.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.
Srbmod From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 14, posted (8 years 3 months 1 week 22 hours ago) and read 2507 times:
Quoting DL021 (Reply 11):
1. What kind of food does everyone want for a big communal dinner?
2. What sort of show would everyone like to go to, so perhaps we can get some deal working for tickets?
3. Is there an excursion everyone or anyone wants to try? Skydiving, airplane trip to grand canyon (this actually sounds like alot of fun)? Trip to Parhump? Let's discuss them here.
1. An idea that's been bandied about has been going to a Brazilian Steakhouse. The two closest places are Samba @ the Mirage and Pampas @ the Aladdin/Planet Hollywood. Let's just say none of us would be spending as much per person at one of those places than we did @ Delmonico last time. I asked Aerobalance to do a little recon during a recent trip; still awaiting info.
2. The new Cirque show "Love" is one that was briefly mentioned. Let's just say the cheapest tickets run $69. I'd go see Wayne Newton if enough of us were interested (That is if he actually stays at Harrah's for longer than his Holiday show). Spamalot is supposed to be in previews @ the Wynn sometime in March, but the dates aren't on the Spamalot site yet.
3. I wouldn't mind checking out Mt. Charleston or Red Rock Canyon. I was just browsing some of the tours Pink Jeep does, and they sound fun as there is also some off-road fun thrown in as well.
ANCFlyer From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 15, posted (8 years 3 months 1 week 21 hours ago) and read 2500 times:
Quoting DL021 (Reply 11): Pep....advise we break up the segments again as was done last year to have people sign up for different things we can do.
I'll keep track of who's coming and be the POC - sorry, the Point of Contact for you non-military types - at LAS beginning on the 22nd, since I'll be there early in the day. I'll send every confirmed attendee my cell phone, via e-mail or PM once that list is solid.
Once again - any problems with the first formal gathering for everyone being at O'Sheas at 7pm, Friday, 3/23/07?
As for my pesonal relies to DL021's questions:
I'll eat where the group eats, I don't care where that is . . .
I'll go to a show where the group goes, I almost don't care what it is . . .
As for excursions, I'm up for anything that does not include altitude. No bungie jumping, airplane jumping, base jumping, or the like . . . . I'll roll with the crowd. Oh, I will not ride along the edge of a canyon in a jeep either.
I think you mentioned that in the other thread as well! Excellent idea I believe was my reply!
We can grab Lee, and anyone else that's in the grid square already, and head to Fremont St . . . .
Quoting ANCFlyer (Thread starter): Perhaps we should all plan to gather at O'Sheas again, about 7pm or so on Friday night, like we did last year. Easy to find, a lot of us already know where it is, right next to Flamingo, and that seemed to work well last year.
I think this is the best answer to the first formal gathering also . . .
Nicksair From United States of America, joined Aug 2002, 484 posts, RR: 45
Reply 19, posted (8 years 3 months 1 week 20 hours ago) and read 2485 times:
I will be staying at the cousins house in Henderson, i will book the airline tickets later. I will only be doing the dinner, if that. I might have other plans while in town. But i will come for the O'sheas thing.
These are all options "in the neighborhood" of where the majority of the group will be getting together. Here are some additional options if you don't mind hoofing it or taking a car/cab/bus/monorail to meet up with the group:
UH60FtRucker From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 22, posted (8 years 3 months 5 days 20 hours ago) and read 2437 times:
Alright here is the deal.
As it stands, I will be returning home a little under two weeks prior to the Vegas meet. I still plan on going, however since I will have been back for only a short time... I definitely will be bringing my wife.
HOWEVER, if my mid-tour leave during Thanksgiving, is any indication of the level of "extra-cirricular activities" her and I will be enjoying.... well I'm not sure how much time I will have for the meet.
Seriously though, I am 75/25 on my chances of making it. Unless the re-deployment schedule is altered, I will be home and on leave during that week.