Jorge1812 From Germany, joined Apr 2004, 3153 posts, RR: 6 Posted (9 years 5 months 3 days 14 hours ago) and read 1069 times:
I have a problem with the Nintendo GameBoy. I'm not playing with it anymore but my Grandpa (81 years!) plays Tetris every day with his Gameboy color. Because this one is very old and has been played alot I would like to buy him a new one. But for me all is too confusing. Which one to buy? It seems there are many models available on the internet. Here in Dresden you can't get one in the shops all were sold out.
I need one on which he can play his games (cartridges) of the early models like this one
Thanks for your help!
The new technology on this sector is confusing me and I'm junst 24 years.
Joge From Finland, joined Feb 2000, 1444 posts, RR: 33
Reply 5, posted (9 years 5 months 3 days 9 hours ago) and read 1024 times:
Quoting Piercey (Reply 4): Yeah, but the GBA SP doesn't play GBC games...
GBA and GBA SP Technical Specifications:
* CPU : 32-Bit ARM with embedded memory
* Memory : 32 Kbyte + 96 Kbyte VRAM (in CPU), 256 Kbyte WRAM (external of CPU)
* Screen : (diagonal) reflective TFT color LCD
* Resolution : 240 x 160 pixels
* Color : Can display 511 simultaneous colors in character mode and 32,768 simultaneous colors in bitmap mode
* Software : Fully compatible with Game Boy and Game Boy Color Game Paks
COIAHLGW From United States of America, joined Dec 2003, 162 posts, RR: 0
Reply 10, posted (9 years 5 months 1 day 5 hours ago) and read 947 times:
Yes - the cartridges are a little bigger on the 1st Gen GB, and will stick out of the GBA. I have had no problems here with Tetris, in fact Tetris is still the game I play the most on it despite having "newer" games available!