Cumulus From United Kingdom, joined Aug 2006, 1402 posts, RR: 1 Posted (6 years 6 months 1 week 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 1756 times:
Just been Spring Cleaning my Starred Topics in this forum and took the opportunity to read some of the varied discussions I've been involved with, and I must admit it has been good fun!
What is the most contraversial topic discussed here (in Civil Av, it has to be Boeing vs Airbus!!). My reckoning is when the discussion gets embroiled with the whole Gay thing, I've been involved in two where the thread gets locked!!
Any more suggestions.
(Not anti-gay at all before anyone starts!!!)
What Goes Up Must Come Down, Hopefully In One Piece!
Richierich From United States of America, joined Nov 2000, 4137 posts, RR: 6 Reply 6, posted (6 years 6 months 1 week 2 days 4 hours ago) and read 1616 times:
There is no doubt that Airbus versus Boeing is the most contentious issue on airliners.net. It is to the point where no logical discussion regarding both companies can exist on this forum.
Others that are worthy of mention, in no particular order:
- JetBlue versus Delta (or any US legacy major, but especially DL)
- The spelling of QANTAS (as in "who cares?" I care, for one)
- VS versus BA transatlantic
- Is the US paranoid about another terrorist attack?
- Is the US, a so-called free-country, too strict against personal 'liberties' (i.e. photography, galley loitering)?
- Any topic that has superlatives in (i.e, United is the Best Domestic Carrier, or Biman Bangladesh has the Worst Safety record)
- Is Ryanair/ Skybus a blight on the airline community or are they just champions to the low-fare crowd?
Richierich From United States of America, joined Nov 2000, 4137 posts, RR: 6 Reply 8, posted (6 years 6 months 1 week 2 days 3 hours ago) and read 1593 times:
Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 7): and add these - gun rights, conservative vs liberal, republican vs democrat, revisionist history (for example - how the modern state of Israel came to be), among others.
Indeed - these are sure to strike up controversy no matter where. I guess I looked only at the airline-related topics!
- Religion and its influence in our world
- Israel vs the Muslim World
- When will NW retire the DC-9
- Airbus vs Boeing
- Bush a tool or not
- Venezuela and Hugo Chávez
- Anything on Gays
- US Homeland Security demanding regular entry visas from Europeans and an end of VWP
- Iraq war
- The TSA sucks
- Anything on Ryanair