Samurai 777 From Canada, joined Jan 2000, 2461 posts, RR: 4
Reply 1, posted (15 years 4 months 3 weeks 15 hours ago) and read 1690 times:
Ever been to Vancouver before? Stanley Park's the best city park I've ever been in. It's a pretty big park, but the driving around in it's awesome! You should see how big the trees are out there! Especially the drive on the way to the Lions Gate Bridge entrance at the north end of Stanley Park. Also, the Vancouver Aquarium is located in the park. It's best not to try going to the park during rush hour periods in early morning or late afternoon before 6:30 pm, as the park sits right at the north end of downtown Vancouver and the Lions Gate bridge is pretty much only one of two bridges across the water to North and West Vancouver. Traffic can be hell during those times!
XQF From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (15 years 4 months 2 weeks 4 days 7 hours ago) and read 1681 times:
Vancouver is arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the world!! You'll have no problem occupying your time. Here's some sights worth seeing...
- Stanley Park & the Seawall
- Lynn Canyon (beautiful FREE national park)
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
- English Bay
- Canada Place (especially great on the weekends when the cruise ships are in)
- Wreck Beach (not for the faint hearted as anything goes!)
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Robson Street (great shopping street in the middle of downtown)
- The Aquarium in Stanley Park
- White Rock
and if you're feeling a little adventurous there are tonnes of day trips out of Vancouver to places like..
- Victoria & Vancouver Island
- Seattle & Boeing at Everett
- Whistler (beautiful mountain resort, the drive between Vancouver & Whistler is something in itself!)
So enjoy - trust me i lived there for 12 months and loved it!