KaiGywer From United States of America, joined Oct 2003, 12306 posts, RR: 34 Posted (6 years 4 months 4 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 2287 times:
AIRLINERS.NET CREW FORUM MODERATOR
Such a terrible way to end 2008.
Quote: BANGKOK, Thailand (CNN) -- At least 59 people were killed in a fire that broke out early Thursday at one of Bangkok's most upscale nightclubs, where about 1,000 revelers were ringing in the new year, Thai police said.
The fire, at a club called Zantika, started at about 12:35 a.m. (1735 GMT), police told CNN.
PMN From United Kingdom, joined Mar 2005, 563 posts, RR: 0
Reply 6, posted (6 years 4 months 3 weeks 5 days 13 hours ago) and read 1983 times:
Very, very sad indeed. As someone who works in music I always find it quite disturbing when something like this happens and it's a tragic reminder of how quickly it can all go wrong.
It reminds me of the fire at The Station nightclub in Rhode Island in 2003. That fire was started by gerbs (essentially fireworks) on stage igniting sound proofing, and if this fire was caused by similar circumstances as the report hints, it defies belief that people haven't learned from past lessons. That said, we can't really form a solid opinion until we know more.
Tragic. Just tragic.
Edith in his bed, a plane in the rain is humming, the wires in the walls are humming some song - some mysterious song