DXing From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (5 years 8 months 3 weeks 6 days 19 hours ago) and read 1527 times:
I have seen people do this countless times and it always gets my attention. Some people either refuse to read or pay attention to the signs that clearly say no smoking around the pumps. You have to feel sorry for the guy who's car got burned up in the process. Perhaps he will choose a smarter friend to hang out with. I'm surprised the woman, if she is the mom, didn't go ape on the guy even though he was on fire. Kudo's to the brand new employee who hit the kill switch on the pump and doused the idiot on fire. He should get an immediate raise and be up for a managerial position as soon as one opens up.
It is believed that the unnamed man then made the nearly-fatal mistake of trying to light a cigarette while standing next to his friend - still pumping the highly flammable gas into the car.
What happened next was caught on a surveillance camera at the petrol station in Chandler, Arizona.
A massive explosion engulfed the hapless man in flames, leaving him flailing about in terror until a quick-thinking petrol station employee managed to douse him in water.
Avt007 From Canada, joined Jul 2000, 2132 posts, RR: 5
Reply 7, posted (5 years 8 months 3 weeks 6 days 11 hours ago) and read 1277 times:
I was in Vegas recently, and on TV they were running public service ads, demonstrating the risks of filling your car, and static electricity. Specifically they focussed on filling gas cans, but the videos they showed were real eye openers.